Love him or hate him, you have to admit that the founder of the free software movement isn’t shy about sharing his opinions on things he finds objectionable.
New phones and tablets with Android 4.0, a.k.a. Ice Cream Sandwich, are just around the corner, and carriers are also announcing which current models will be upgradable, most likely in early 2012.
Smartphones and tablets are evolving from niche luxury devices to mainstream consumer gadgets. As mobile devices become a ubiquitous part of the mainstream culture, malware developers are paying attention and are anxious to exploit the fertile new te...
Android is the leading smartphone platform with a diverse array of devices available from a variety of manufacturers, and from virtually every wireless carrier. As capable as the Android OS might be, though, its diversity is also one of its greatest ...
When you show up late to a party, you should at least bring a bottle of wine (or a case of beer depending on the party). Nokia's highly-anticipated launch of Windows Phone 7.5 "Mango" smartphones comes fairly late in the game, and doesn't seem to add...
Over the weekend I wrote an article titled "What If Steve Jobs Is Right?" As the title implies, the post was a hypothetical look at the possibility that Steve Jobs' assertion that Android is a "stolen product" is true.
The head of Google's Android mobile OS, Andy Rubin, doesn't think your smartphone should be your personal assistant. In comments made during an interview at the AsiaD conference this week, Rubin downplayed the impact of Siri -- the voice interactive ...
With the attention on Apple this week and the unveiling of the iPhone 5...I mean iPhone 4S, it is easy to forget about other mobile devices. But, Microsoft is pushing out "Mango" to current Windows Phone 7 users, and new Windows Phone 7.5 "Mango" dev...
In case you missed it, Apple held a little event today. While no iPhone 5 was unveiled, Apple did announce a retooled, and updated iPhone 4 - the iPhone 4S - which will be available on October 14.
It's here. Windows Phone 7.5 "Mango" started rolling out to devices today, and it brought a few surprises along for the ride.
If you frequently use a mobile phone for business calls and text messages, you know that the fees from your carrier can add up quickly. But with suitable apps and programs, you can add an office line that lets you use Wi-Fi to make voice calls and se...
Google has been very apologetic about the fact that open businesses are being incorrectly reported as closed on Google Places. It's incredibly easy to report business as closed on the service, and Google has promised on its blog to fix the problem. L...
Skype announced that it is acquiring GroupMe for an undisclosed sum. Acquiring the young mobile group messaging service expands Skype's arsenal of communication tools and gives Skype (and by extension Microsoft once the purchase of Skype is complete)...
Between my Android tablet and my Android phone, I've been creating a lot more content on the go than I may ever have expected to. Between pictures and notes captured on my Thunderbolt, and the occasional article hammered out on my Iconia, There's pre...
The concept of social productivity is gaining momentum, and I've covered some prominent social productivity tools previously on this blog. As a general sort of thing, social productivity sounds like a good idea. It makes work collaborative, emphasize...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCHR Systems Support OfficerACT
- CCTechnical System Engineer (Linux/Mobile/SQL)160524/TSE/vmtAsia
- FTTechnical Team Lead - .Net / SharePointACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS SQL Server/C#.NET)160520/AP/vmtAsia
- CCIT Program ManagerACT
- CCSystem Engineer - Server Migration experienceNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- CCScrum MasterACT
- CCChange Manager- ProcurementNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- FTHadoop Operation EngineerNSW
- FTSystems EngineerACT
- CCSenior Portfolio Analyst - Risk and MetricsNSW
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- CCChange Manager - SAP FinanceNSW
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- FTData EngineersNSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperSA
- CCNetwork Architect VoiceNSW
- FTCloud ArchitectAsia
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 1610524/CCO/vmtAsia
- FTMid-Level Full-Stack Java DeveloperVIC