U.S. President Barack Obama should oppose legislation intended to let businesses share cyberthreat information with each other and with government agencies because the bill would allow the sharing of too much personal information, a coalition of digi...
Center for Democracy and Technology
Two U.S. senators are pushing proposals to extend the National Security Agency's domestic telephone records dragnet, but a diverse coalition of civil liberties and advocacy groups have called on lawmakers to vote against those plans.
The U.S. Congress should kill the section of the Patriot Act that has allowed the National Security Agency to collect millions of phone records from the nation's residents, instead of trying to amend it, a civil liberties advocate said Friday.
A U.S. Senate committee has voted in secret to approve a controversial bill that seeks to encourage businesses to share information about cyberthreats with each other and with government agencies.
This may finally be the year that the U.S. Congress gives email and other documents stored in the cloud for several months the same privacy protections from police searches as newer files or paper records stored in a file cabinet, say backers of elec...
After six months of contentious debate over U.S. National Security Agency surveillance programs, prompted by leaks from former government contractor Edward Snowden, the third week in December may have marked a major turning point.
The US presidential election result leaves President Barack Obama in the White House and maintains the balance of power in Congress. In many longstanding technology debates, policy experts see little movement forward, although lawmakers may look for ...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
- Microsoft wants to enable cellular PCs, but will carriers bite?
- Microsoft-Qualcomm deal finally puts Windows 10 and Win32 apps on ARM devices
- Bluetooth 5 is out: Now will home IoT take off?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCWeb Analytics Specialist | 6 month contractNSW
- CCSenior Performance Test AnalystVIC
- CCIT Systems AnalystVIC
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner)QLD
- CCTechnical SpecialistNSW
- FTProduct OwnerVIC
- CCFunctional Consultant - Brisbane locationNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- FTWeb and Mobile iOS/Android Developer (Permanent)NSW
- FTSenior Software EngineerWA
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCMedical Imaging Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCProject Manager - Procurement System ImplementationNSW
- FTStorage Systems Administrator l HDS & EMC TechnologiesNSW
- TPProject Manager - SalesforceVIC
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerVIC
- CCJava Developer - Baseline Clearance requiredVIC
- CCIAM Technical Specialist/ConsultantWA
- CCSenior Test Manager - Defence ProjectVIC
- FTHealth Software Support Consultant - Permanent - North RydeNSW
- TPDevelopers and TestersACT
- CCProject Manager - Web & Portal Delivery- Government backgroundNSW
- TPSAP HR Payroll Functional ConsultantQLD
- FTSME Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneVIC