A U.S. government agency will start its third attempt to develop voluntary privacy standards for an emerging area of technology, this time with a series of meetings on drone privacy scheduled to begin Aug. 3.
Nine privacy groups plan to withdraw from U.S. government-hosted negotiations to develop voluntary facial-recognition privacy standards because the groups feel the process won't lead to adequate privacy protections.
The six-week-old YouTube Kids service is a "hyper-commercialized" environment that intermixes advertising and other programming in a way that deceives its target audience, a coalition of privacy and children's advocacy groups said in a complaint to t...
U.S. businesses that collect personal data would be required to describe their privacy and security practices and give consumers control over their personal information under a proposed privacy bill of rights released Friday by President Barack Obama...
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission should launch an investigation into the growing consolidation of big data analytics firms and digital marketing companies, a coalition of four privacy groups said Friday.
Thirty U.S. data brokers and data management firms, including Adobe Systems, AOL and Salesforce.com, are violating privacy promises they've made regarding their handling of the personal information of EU residents, a privacy group said in a complaint...
A facial recognition trade group's proposals for privacy standards are an "extreme" departure from U.S. expectations on how personal data should be handled, a privacy advocate said Tuesday.
Data brokers should give consumers more control over their personal information, and Congress should consider legislation that reins in the ways data brokers can use that information, the U.S. Federal Trade Commission is recommending.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission should investigate Facebook's proposed US$19 billion acquisition of mobile messaging app WhatsApp -- and possibly block it -- because of the potential impact on users' privacy, two privacy groups said in a complaint ...
A coalition of consumer and privacy groups will ask a U.S. court to reject a settlement that allows Facebook to use minors' pictures in advertisements on the site without their parents' consent.
Apple will pay at least US$32.5 million to customers in a settlement over a U.S. Federal Trade Commission complaint that the company allowed children to run up huge in-app purchases on the company's devices.
Google will feature users in advertisements that run on its suite of websites when those users recommend products or stores.
Six privacy groups have asked the U.S. Federal Trade Commission to strike down proposed changes to Facebook's policies, as they violate a 2011 settlement with the agency over user privacy.
Lobbyists derailed an effort by U.S. President Barack Obama's administration to create mobile privacy standards, a privacy group charged on Thursday, while some participants in the process conceded it lacked focus.
A proposed code of conduct for mobile app developers intended to make them explain how user data is collected and used does not have a clear enforcement mechanism, one privacy advocate said.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Salesforce tries to block Microsoft's LinkedIn acquisition
- Paris motor show turns on to electric cars
- Google rebrands Apps for Work as G Suite, adds intelligent features
- Bounty for iOS jailbreak exploit jumps to US$1.5 million
- Researchers make progress toward computer video recognition
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW