The U.S. drone industry wants government regulations for private and commercial use of the remote-controlled devices as a way to ensure airspace safety, the head of a trade group says.
Center for Strategic and International Studies
Computer-related crimes may cause as much as US$400 billion in losses annually, according to a new study that acknowledges the difficulty in estimating damages from such acts, most of which go unreported.
Cyberattacks on U.S. networks by other nations may not always demand the same level of retaliation, and only attacks that cause major damage or loss of life should prompt similar responses, a group of national security experts said Wednesday.
The U.S. government should look to incentives as a way to encourage businesses to adopt better cybersecurity practices, instead of creating mandates, recommends a new paper from four trade groups and a civil liberties group.
The CEOs of IBM and Dell have called on U.S. government leaders to put aside their differences and create a long-term agenda to promote innovation and improve the country's competitive stature in the world.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Tesla's autopilot is being investigated after a fatal crash
- This mobile Trojan from China fills your phone with porn apps
- Eyefi leaves some card owners stranded, highlighting IoT hazards
- DNC hacker Guccifer 2.0 denies Russian links and mocks security firms
- This new model for quantum circuits is like a 5-decker sandwich
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- FTSenior Network Engineer JUNIPERNSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW
- CCIT Helpdesk Support- Remedy ticketing systemNSW
- FTService Delivery Coordinator - ApplicationsNSW
- CCAEM Backend DeveloperVIC
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- FTContract System SpecialistAsia
- CCSharepoint ConsultantQLD
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- CCSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- CCSpatial DeveloperQLD
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT