Five telecom trade groups and two broadband providers have asked the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to put a hold on net neutrality rules it recently approved.
Broadband provider CenturyLink has joined the long list of ISPs and trade groups suing the U.S. Federal Communications Commission over its net neutrality rules.
Global spending on public cloud services reached US$45.7 billion last year and will experience a 23 percent compound annual growth rate through 2018, according to analyst firm IDC.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission will vote Wednesday on a proposal to pump US$1.8 billion into a fund that subsidizes broadband deployments in rural communities.
As competition in the Cloud computing market intensifies, some of the biggest players are looking beyond their domestic borders to gain an international advantage.
Rural telecom and broadband providers in the U.S. face big challenges in connecting their most remote customers, as the U.S. Federal Communications Commission transitions away from old telephone subsidies, a group of providers told lawmakers.
U.S. prisons, immigration detention centers and telecom carriers are charging "exorbitant" rates on collect calls made by inmates, and the U.S. Federal Communications Commission should step in to set rates, a coalition of 110 human rights groups, law...
A U.S. Federal Communications Commission program that subsidizes telephone service in rural areas would transition into broadband subsidies under a plan released Friday by six telecom carriers and three trade groups representing small carriers.
CenturyLink has agreed to buy hosting company Savvis for about US$2.5 billion in cash and shares, the companies announced Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- HPE is spinning out its huge services business and merging it with CSC
- Tech woes hamper jury in Oracle case aginst Google
- Cisco's Meraki spreads its cloud to voice
- Datameer gets an overhaul to make big-data analytics easier
- Facebook's plan to disrupt cellular gets big-name support
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCAWS Developer/LeadNSW
- CCNetwork Architect VoiceNSW
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- FTQuality ManagerACT
- FT.NET Developer (Angular JS/ SQL)WA
- FTSenior Developer (.Net)SA
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160520/AP/985Asia
- CCProgram Communications SpecialistVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, Service Performance, RetailNSW
- FTSystems EngineerACT
- CCSenior Change AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/.Net) 160523/AP/254Asia
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Process AnalystVIC
- FTBusiness Systems AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCDevOps Software Configuration ManagerACT
- FTSolution Architect - Capacity ManagementVIC
- FTFunctional Business Analyst Dynamic AXNSW
- CCNetwork Technical ConsultantSA
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/LAN/Anti-Virus) 160524/ITA/074Asia
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- FTFront End DeveloperACT
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW