Hitachi Global Storage Technologies (HGST), a Western Digital company, is putting helium into its hard disk drives (HDDs) to boost their capacity.
The Large Hadron Collider (LHC) is currently undergoing some major upgrades, which will bring scientists closer than ever before to the secrets of the universe when the particle accelerator is up and running again in 2015.
CERN is making the infrastructure that handles the data from the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) more flexible by upgrading it with OpenStack for virtualization and Puppet for configuration management.
Almost a year after the Higgs boson announcement, the world's most powerful particle accelerator, the Large Hadron Collider (LHC), is getting upgraded.
After billions of dollars were spent to build, start, shut down and then fix and re-start the Large Hadron Collider, the system has finally produced enough data for some long-awaited scientific analysis.
CERN, the European particle physics organization that runs the Large Hadron Collider, is embracing server virtualization and cloud computing technology to improve CPU utilization and the delivery of computing resources to scientists around the world.
The world's largest particle collider is scheduled to go back online at about half power this fall in an effort to get the problematic machine working on some science.
Trouble and delays continue to plague the enormous machine that scientists hope will help them figure out how the universe was created.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
- Linksys AC600 MU-MIMO WiFi review
- Hardcore Hardware: The CyberPower Pro Streaming I300 is made for Twitch stardom
- U.S. convicts Russian hacker in credit card theft scheme
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst/Designer, Funds ManagementNSW
- CCSenior Process Analyst - WealthVIC
- CCNetwork Technology SpecialistVIC
- CCWindows EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Security Specialist - McAfeeVIC
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCData/ Business AnalystVIC
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- FTFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCProgram Director, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst / SalesforceNSW
- CCSolution Architect, Funds Management, Part time roleNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Datacentre Maintenance) 160817/SA/993Asia
- FTUNIX, LINUX , VM System AdministrationNSW
- CCOpen_2pm_29/8_Teradata Database AdministratorACT
- CCSAP Program Manager - CBDNSW
- CCProject Manager- Radio CommunicationsVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Test Analyst | End to End TestingNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer - TelecomVIC
- CCSolution Architect - WMS/LogisticsVIC
- FTTM1 Solution DesignerNSW