Flexible OLEDs that can be rolled up or wrapped around the sides of smartphones are getting closer to reality. Samsung Electronics showed some of its prototype flexible displays at CES Wednesday and launched a new brand name for them, Youm.
The FCC plans to allocate more unlicensed spectrum for Wi-Fi to improve performance in crowded public places and in homes, looking to head off a future spectrum crunch.
If you're a serious Android-watcher, you've probably heard of the YotaPhone - the Russian-built Android phone that packs a rear-mounted e-Ink display in addition to a standard touchscreen.
It's been a year since the introduction of the first Intel Inside handset, but the company's struggles to break into the smartphone market continue as rivals Nvidia and Qualcomm improved speed and power efficiency of ARM chips, which dominate that ma...
Former US President Bill Clinton made a surprise appearance at the International CES on Wednesday, where he talked a little about technology and a lot about hot-button political issues like the environment and gun control.
Research In Motion's new BlackBerry 10 operating system looks good and SAP plans to begin supporting RIM handsets for its workforce shortly after the January launch, according to a SAP executive.
Samsung has announced its next Exynos processor for smartphones and tablets, an eight-core chip that uses a novel architecture to provide more performance without sucking up battery life.
At a gathering of designers from Samsung's Korea headquarters, the company made it clear that it will continue to push toward being a lifestyle brand, and one that emphasizes connecting consumers with their personal electronics.
Vendors developing gear with G.hn, a home networking standard that can work with four different types of wires, say Asia is shaping up as a land of opportunity.
In 2013, a high-end smartphone should have a full-HD 5-inch screen and a 13-megapixel camera to remain competitive, if products launched at International CES in Las Vegas this week are an indication of the state of the art for mobile devices.
Panasonic has grabbed headlines this week with impressive 4K TV and tablet demos, but the company is also stressing expansion beyond its struggling consumer electronics business, announcing partnerships with the likes of IBM and General Motors.
Sphero the robotic ball made a bit of a splash at CES last year and it's back again with the first augmented reality games built around it.
After announcing its 4G LTE mobile network at CES two years ago and its FiOS fiber-based home broadband offering here in 2004, Verizon used a keynote address on Tuesday to pitch its progress on those and other projects.
Audi unveiled its vision of the future for automotive technology and what it calls piloted driving at the International CES Tuesday.
Jumping on the big-screen smartphone bandwagon at CES, China's ZTE on Tuesday unveiled a flagship Android phone with a 5-inch full HD display.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- CCEmail Production SpecialistQLD
- FTData Integration or Big Data Specialist (Sales) - Permanent - SydneyNSW
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - Financial ServicesNSW
- CCCyber Security Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCProject Management - Infrastructure projectsVIC
- CCDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- CCMid-level .NET Developer/Programmer - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCNetwork Support EngineerNSW
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedQLD
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)SA
- FTSenior Project Manager / Program ManagerNSW
- FTAngular DeveloperSA
- FTIOS Developer (Permanent) Finance CBDNSW
- CCProject Manager - Procurement System ImplementationNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCPMO CoordinatorNSW
- FTAGILE Implementation ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - SQLNSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- CCSenior Platform Developer/ArchitectNSW
- CCProject Finance Analyst (Contract)VIC
- FTTSM SpecialistNSW
- FTDesktop Delivery Team LeaderQLD
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW