Facebook announced last week that businesses will be able to use chatbots in its popular Messenger app. Two companies, The Muppets Studio and theScore, have high hopes for chatbots in interacting with fans.
The idea is to use AI to simulate human conversation to do things like help customers or to book a last-minute table at a restaurant, among other things.
A bug allowed Facebook users to view their friends' chat sessions on the site, prompting the social-networking company to disable its internal instant-messaging service. The bug also let people see their friends' pending friend requests.
With many who bank online now wary of phishing attacks, criminals are adding fake live-chat support windows to their Web sites to make them seem more real.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCOracle Applications Team LeadNSW
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- FTGraduate IT Support OfficerNSW
- CCInteractional Designer-Adobe Creative Cloud, SketchNSW
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- FTNetwork Engineer | Routing & switching | Design, implementation, L3 supportNSW
- CCTechnical PM - Magento E-Commerce SolutionNSW
- FTDynamics Project ManagerNSW
- FTDelivery Lead- AWSNSW
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSecurity Administrative Support OfficerACT
- CCApplication Server AdminACT
- CCSolutions Architect - SAP HANAQLD
- FTSenior Java Developer / Technical LeadACT
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCProgram Business AnalystVIC
- CCSoftware Engineer (Client facing) - Publisher SolutionsNSW
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- CCOperations Systems Support ManagerNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- CCIT Change CoordinatorNSW
- FTSenior Systems EngineerACT