The U.S. widened its lead in mobile patents last year and IBM took the top spot in new patents granted in that space, according to a report this week that analyzed data from both the U.S. and Europe.
Chetan Sharma Consulting
The land rush for mobile patents is so feverish that about one-quarter of all patents issued in the U.S. this year will be mobile-related, according to a study released on Wednesday.
Anyone who finds it hard to believe that the average U.S. mobile subscriber sent 696 text messages per month in the second quarter of this year may be relieved to know that this figure fell to 678 per month in the third quarter.
U.S. consumers are among the world's most voracious consumers of mobile data, motivated by the country's homegrown technology industry, according to analyst Chetan Sharma.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- OpenVPN will be audited for security flaws
- AMD strengthens gaming and VR on Linux with graphics improvements
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Moore's Law lives on with speedy 7-nm mobile chips coming in 2018
- U.S. and U.K. spy agencies have been intercepting in-flight phone calls for years
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- CCProcess Business Analyst X 3VIC
- FTIT Software Asset Management CoordinatorWA
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- CCWeb Analytics Specialist | 6 month contractNSW
- CCSenior Automation TesterSA
- FTSolution Architect - Application IntegrationQLD
- CCIAM Technical Specialist/ConsultantWA
- FTSecurity Sales SpecialistVIC
- FTService Desk Team LeaderNSW
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraNSW
- TPSenior System Engineer - WintelVIC
- FTSoftware Implementation ConsultantVIC
- CCJAVA Developer- XML, SOAP, GIS, Web services, SPRINGNSW
- CCApplication Support Lead/ ManagerNSW
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperVIC
- TPSenior Project Manager - Retail BankingNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCJava API Developer - MediaVIC
- CCFunctional Consultant - Brisbane locationOther
- CCOBIEE/ Oracle BI Analyst- Informatica & DACNSW
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst **FIFO TO MONGOLIA**WA