If you feel like you need eyes in the back of your head, there's a crowdsourcing app for that.
If you're tired of using your fingertip or a PIN to unlock your smartphone, Yahoo suggests using your ear instead.
South Korean researchers have developed an app that helps people with arm paralysis use smartphones.
If you find it tough to get off the sofa and get out for a jog, get a drone.
If you're tired of touching that touchscreen, try hitting your phone and making some noise.
TVs with gestural control are nothing new, but a South Korean startup is using set-top 3D motion sensors to control not only on-screen content but connected appliances in the smart home.
If you miss the buttons on your old-school flip phone, researchers have developed a tactile sheath for smartphones that can open up the ways they are controlled.
Virtual reality has come a long way: put on a headset and you can peer into an alien world or feel like you're laying on a beach in Jamaica. But interacting with that world -- reaching out your hand to pick up a virtual object on the screen -- still ...
Researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology have developed a tiny wireless trackpad that can be worn on a thumbnail.
A research project on show at the Computer Human Interaction conference in Paris uses a small electrical current to give the sensation of force feedback while gaming.
The IllumiRoom project from Microsoft Research turns a living room into a video game with projected images that extend and complement the main television screen. The realistic effect, if commercialized, could propel Microsoft's gaming business far be...
Gaming research and prototypes have created a lot of buzz at the Computer Human Interaction conference in Paris this week.
Researchers demonstrated flexible, networked e-ink displays that behave like papers on a desk at a conference in Paris. The displays can be used separately or in tandem, opening up new possibilities for a paperless office.
There will be a ton of interesting research and prototypes on display at the Computer Human Interaction (CHI) conference in Paris this week.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More than half the world is still offline
- AMD mulls a CPU+GPU super-chip in a server reboot
- This Tinder scam promises to verify your account, but actually sells porn
- EU dual-use tech ban plan could classify smartphones as weapons
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCProject Manager- Infrastructure and App Roles- Gov BackgroundNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCField Engineer - POSTAS
- CCHCMS Program ManagerNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCSAP Payroll Implement/Migration Project Manager/ SpecialistNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCIteration Manager/Project ManagerVIC
- FTSAP ESB Service Management SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTTest ManagerACT
- CCUI/UX DesignerNSW
- CCReport Business Analyst- BI, Oracle, SAP, TableauNSW
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/SQL) 160721/AP/624Asia
- CCUser Access Review (UAR) DeveloperVIC
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- CCPre-Sales Consulting Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior SAP BW & HANA Developer/Technical ArchitectVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Microsoft Active DirectoryNSW
- CCOSS/BSS Solution ArchitectVIC