If you feel like you need eyes in the back of your head, there's a crowdsourcing app for that.
If you're tired of using your fingertip or a PIN to unlock your smartphone, Yahoo suggests using your ear instead.
South Korean researchers have developed an app that helps people with arm paralysis use smartphones.
If you find it tough to get off the sofa and get out for a jog, get a drone.
If you're tired of touching that touchscreen, try hitting your phone and making some noise.
TVs with gestural control are nothing new, but a South Korean startup is using set-top 3D motion sensors to control not only on-screen content but connected appliances in the smart home.
If you miss the buttons on your old-school flip phone, researchers have developed a tactile sheath for smartphones that can open up the ways they are controlled.
Virtual reality has come a long way: put on a headset and you can peer into an alien world or feel like you're laying on a beach in Jamaica. But interacting with that world -- reaching out your hand to pick up a virtual object on the screen -- still ...
Researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology have developed a tiny wireless trackpad that can be worn on a thumbnail.
A research project on show at the Computer Human Interaction conference in Paris uses a small electrical current to give the sensation of force feedback while gaming.
The IllumiRoom project from Microsoft Research turns a living room into a video game with projected images that extend and complement the main television screen. The realistic effect, if commercialized, could propel Microsoft's gaming business far be...
Gaming research and prototypes have created a lot of buzz at the Computer Human Interaction conference in Paris this week.
Researchers demonstrated flexible, networked e-ink displays that behave like papers on a desk at a conference in Paris. The displays can be used separately or in tandem, opening up new possibilities for a paperless office.
There will be a ton of interesting research and prototypes on display at the Computer Human Interaction (CHI) conference in Paris this week.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Maps of Google and other services could require security clearance in India
- Google, Honeywell resolve patent dispute over Nest thermostats
- FTTN revenue begins to trickle in for NBN
- HP partners with Intel to invigorate STEM (+4 photos)
- NBN set to hit 1 million connections
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- CCSAP HR & Payroll consultant - July STARTACT
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Lotus Notes/Networking) 160504/AP/781Asia
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSiebel AnalystACT
- CCSenior Master Data OfficerNSW
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA