Video uploads will get a performance boost with the help of LTE technology tested by Huawei Technologies and China Mobile.
The dream of an Internet of things could turn into a nightmare for mobile operators, if sloppily written apps or chatty smartmeters were to overload their networks with signaling traffic. To avert such a scenario, a number of operators are backing a ...
China has posted a big drop in SMS messaging as local mobile phone users are increasingly choosing mobile messaging apps to share information.
In the face of slowing growth and rising competition in its home market, China Mobile plans to take an 18 percent stake in Thailand's third largest mobile operator.
More than two-thirds of the world's Wi-Fi hotspots are in the Asia-Pacific region, partly because of huge deployments by mobile operators in China, and the number of hotspots worldwide is expected to more than double by 2018.
China Mobile posted a rare drop in profit growth for the fourth quarter, as the world's largest carrier is struggling to fend off the competition from rival carriers, and smartphone messaging apps.
Alcatel-Lucent is betting big on operators wanting to virtualize their mobile networks using NFV (Network Functions Virtualization) technology, in order to become more nimble and less reliant on proprietary hardware.
Apple plans to offer the iPhone to more than 760 million China Mobile customers from January, which could help it increase its share from the fifth position in this growing market.
The GSM Association, operators and vendors have published a specification that enables remote provisioning of embedded SIM identification modules, which should cut the cost of connecting cars and utility meters to the Internet.
Technology stocks are up for the year as shares of many vendors are back to pre-recession levels, but recent company results and market research reports have been mixed, calling into question how some vendors will fare next year.
Apple's iPhone could be getting a step closer to being officially offered on China's largest mobile network, after the nation's government finally issued 4G licenses to operate LTE TDD networks in the country.
Despite its growing customer base, China Mobile, the country's largest carrier, saw a rare decline in profit for the third quarter in the latest sign that rival operators and local Internet companies are eating into its earnings.
China Mobile, the country's largest mobile carrier, will release its first voice-over-LTE phones next year as part of its plan to bring a full range of handsets to its upcoming 4G network.
China Mobile, the country's largest mobile carrier, introduced two own-brand handsets on Friday, as a way to bring more affordable smartphones to its 740 million customers.
Apple CEO Tim Cook is believed to have recently visited China to talk with local carriers, with the topic of conversation expected to have been market growth and the rumoured low-cost iPhone, dubbed iPhone Lite or iPhone 5C.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Poseidon hacker group behind long-running extortion scheme
- Is Docker ditching Ubuntu Linux? Confusion reigns
- Google will stop accepting new Flash ads on June 30
- Samsung hopes Raspberry Pi can spread Tizen OS adoption
- 5G dreams in Barcelona: Cars, robots and VR games
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCIT Performance Test AnalystACT
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Crystal Report) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCChange LeadNSW
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- CCLevel 2 Helpdesk, Service Support- Remedy or SAP backgroundNSW
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- CCOracle CC&B Technical AnalystVIC
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - IT SecurityNSW
- FTChange LeadNSW