China Mobile will help Alcatel-Lucent develop its next generation of mobile networks, the French network equipment vendor said on Wednesday.
China Mobile, the country's largest mobile carrier, reported a 3.9 percent increase in profit for 2010, as more of its customers access the Web via their mobile phones.
China plans on tracking the movements of people in Beijing using their mobile phones, a measure that while aimed at relieving traffic congestion, could set off concerns over misuse.
China Unicom announced a new smartphone and software platform Monday, Wophone, that will rival Apple's iPhone, Google's Android and China Mobile's Ophone offerings.
China Mobile and China's state-run Xinhua News Agency have launched a new search engine at Panguso.com that will also tap the country's growing mobile Internet market.
Ruckus Wireless has taken a big step in making Wi-Fi hotspots an integrated part of a mobile operators wireless connectivity. The company announced at Mobile World Congress a new wireless gateway that can manage vast numbers of access points and clie...
Mobile carriers including China Mobile, Bharti Airtel and Vodafone have launched a new initiative to promote the 4G (fourth-generation) network technology LTE TDD as a global standard.
A year after its inception, the Wholesale Applications Community (WAC) has launched commercially, allowing mobile operators to start competing with Apple and Google for developer interest.
The GreenTouch Consortium demonstrated its work Tuesday into how using large-scale antenna systems and virtual modems, along with splitting mobile networks into two parts, can help reduce energy consumption of operator networks by a factor of 1000.
China has begun large-scale trials of fourth-generation (4G) mobile technology known as TD-LTE, with the tests expected to last 18 months, according to the country's Ministry of Industry and Information Technology.
China Unicom plans on releasing its own Linux-based smartphone at the end of the year in China, as the company confronts sluggish revenue growth and increasing competition.
Operators have merged two different platforms for distributing Web-based mobile applications, in a effort to start competing with the likes of Apple's AppStore and Google's Market.
Selling out in stores across China, the iPhone 4 has not only been a success for Apple, but has also given mobile provider China Unicom an edge by helping it sign up more users to its 3G next generation mobile services.
Apple appears to have tweaked its iPhone to support a Chinese security protocol for wireless networks, as companies increasingly adopt Chinese government-backed technologies to break into the country's huge market.
A China Mobile executive is being investigated by Chinese authorities for suspected "serious personal violations," the company said Sunday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCTechnology Lead / Senior Developer - Java (Urgent)NSW
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- CCExcel DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, AdviceNSW
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- CCOperations Systems Support ManagerNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCOracle Application Administrator - July startACT
- CCMobility SpcialistACT
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160606/AP/251Asia
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/LAN/Anti-Virus) 160524/ITA/074Asia
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTInfrastructure Specialist - Sec Ops Network & OSAsia
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCLMS Administrator and e- Learning Development Project OfficerSA
- CCOracle Siebel Administrator - JULY STARTACT
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW
- CCSenior BA - Enterprise DataNSW
- FTHadoop Operation EngineerNSW
- CCSoftware Engineer (Client facing) - Publisher SolutionsNSW
- FTBI / Business Intelligence Designer / ArchitectNSW