China Mobile will help Alcatel-Lucent develop its next generation of mobile networks, the French network equipment vendor said on Wednesday.
China Mobile, the country's largest mobile carrier, reported a 3.9 percent increase in profit for 2010, as more of its customers access the Web via their mobile phones.
China plans on tracking the movements of people in Beijing using their mobile phones, a measure that while aimed at relieving traffic congestion, could set off concerns over misuse.
China Unicom announced a new smartphone and software platform Monday, Wophone, that will rival Apple's iPhone, Google's Android and China Mobile's Ophone offerings.
China Mobile and China's state-run Xinhua News Agency have launched a new search engine at Panguso.com that will also tap the country's growing mobile Internet market.
Ruckus Wireless has taken a big step in making Wi-Fi hotspots an integrated part of a mobile operators wireless connectivity. The company announced at Mobile World Congress a new wireless gateway that can manage vast numbers of access points and clie...
Mobile carriers including China Mobile, Bharti Airtel and Vodafone have launched a new initiative to promote the 4G (fourth-generation) network technology LTE TDD as a global standard.
A year after its inception, the Wholesale Applications Community (WAC) has launched commercially, allowing mobile operators to start competing with Apple and Google for developer interest.
The GreenTouch Consortium demonstrated its work Tuesday into how using large-scale antenna systems and virtual modems, along with splitting mobile networks into two parts, can help reduce energy consumption of operator networks by a factor of 1000.
China has begun large-scale trials of fourth-generation (4G) mobile technology known as TD-LTE, with the tests expected to last 18 months, according to the country's Ministry of Industry and Information Technology.
China Unicom plans on releasing its own Linux-based smartphone at the end of the year in China, as the company confronts sluggish revenue growth and increasing competition.
Operators have merged two different platforms for distributing Web-based mobile applications, in a effort to start competing with the likes of Apple's AppStore and Google's Market.
Selling out in stores across China, the iPhone 4 has not only been a success for Apple, but has also given mobile provider China Unicom an edge by helping it sign up more users to its 3G next generation mobile services.
Apple appears to have tweaked its iPhone to support a Chinese security protocol for wireless networks, as companies increasingly adopt Chinese government-backed technologies to break into the country's huge market.
A China Mobile executive is being investigated by Chinese authorities for suspected "serious personal violations," the company said Sunday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
- An IoT botnet is partly behind Friday's massive DDOS attack
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
- Easy-to-exploit rooting flaw puts Linux computers at risk
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBiomedical Project ManagerSA
- CCDemand ManagerNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161020/ITA/652Asia
- CCNetwork Capacity PlannerVIC
- CCIteration ManagerVIC
- CCICT Project Reporting Planning CoordinatorNSW
- FTScrum MasterNSW
- CCFront End Developer - Mid LevelNSW
- CCSAP GRC consultant with ABAP experience . Canberra LocationNSW
- FTSOE ConsultantACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/Web) 161014/SA/922Asia
- FTMobile DeveloperAsia
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-month renewable Contract)Asia
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161114/ITA/411Asia
- CCMobile Developers (IOS and Android)QLD
- CCFunctional Consultant - MS Dynamics AXQLD
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCTechnology TrainerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- FTKronos AdministratorNSW
- CCPerformance AnalystNSW