The dream of an Internet of things could turn into a nightmare for mobile operators, if sloppily written apps or chatty smartmeters were to overload their networks with signaling traffic. To avert such a scenario, a number of operators are backing a ...
Apple's iPhone could be getting a step closer to being officially offered on China's largest mobile network, after the nation's government finally issued 4G licenses to operate LTE TDD networks in the country.
China Telecom is moving into the mobile instant messaging space with its own app that will compete against WeChat, the rival product from Internet giant Tencent that's become a hit in China.
China plans to bring gigabit Internet speeds to its major cities by 2020, part of its effort to expand broadband among households in the nation.
Apple CEO Tim Cook is believed to have recently visited China to talk with local carriers, with the topic of conversation expected to have been market growth and the rumoured low-cost iPhone, dubbed iPhone Lite or iPhone 5C.
An 8,900 kilometer undersea fiber cable system in Asia, backed by a consortium including Google, China Telecom, NEC and a host of local telecommunications companies, went live Thursday.
As Apple prepares to launch its iPhone 5 in China, some analysts expect the product to sell well in the country and possibly even top sales for Apple's previous iPhone models in the country.
As China continues trials of its 4G networks using the government-backed LTE TDD technology, mobile operator China Telecom is aiming to go another route and deploy LTE FDD technology for its upcoming 4G networks.
AT&T and China Telecom signed an agreement on Wednesday to share telecommunications infrastructure across the U.S. and China, in a move meant to help their business customers.
China Telecom plans to launch a mobile service in the U.S. geared for Chinese-Americans, students and tourists who frequently travel between both countries, according to a company spokeswoman.
China is on the verge of becoming the first country in the world to have more than 900 million cell phone users, according to government statistics.
China's largest fixed-line phone carrier has denied it hijacked worldwide Internet traffic this past April following a U.S. government report that said the company had redirected network routes through Chinese servers.
HP, Intel and Yahoo have announced that four organisations are to join the existing group already participating in Open Cirrus, the global open-source test bed organised to fuel advancements in cloud computing research.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More than half the world is still offline
- AMD mulls a CPU+GPU super-chip in a server reboot
- This Tinder scam promises to verify your account, but actually sells porn
- EU dual-use tech ban plan could classify smartphones as weapons
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTSoftware Tester | Innovation | Business FacingNSW
- CCSoftware Developer- CobolACT
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCSOA -Solution Architect -baselineACT
- FTPortfolio Governance ConsultantNSW
- FTAEM & AEM Forms ConsultantsWA
- CCUser Access Review (UAR) DeveloperVIC
- CCFMW DevelopersACT
- CCUX / UI Visual DesignerNSW
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- CCSAP MM / Ariba Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCPortfolio ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Oracle Functional Analyst (Finance)VIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclise) 160721/AP/vmpAsia
- CCAssociate Engineer (Communications Engineering)Asia
- CCServiceNow Technical LeadNSW
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantWA
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160802/ITA/991Asia
- CCReport Business Analyst- BI, Oracle, SAP, TableauNSW
- CCTechnical BI Business Analyst- Informatica, Oracle OBIEENSW
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT