Intel's Core chips dominate PCs, but the company isn't giving up on its Pentium and Celeron brands.
Millions of people will buy VR headsets in the coming years to play games and view 3D content, and those sales could spark a real-world war among chip-makers.
Qualcomm's upcoming server chips are being tested by top-tier cloud players, but now developers can also work with them through a new cloud service.
Intel has just started shipping some of its fastest mobile chips to date, meaning new, powerful laptops should soon be on the market.
After evaluating options to break the company up, Qualcomm has decided not to change its corporate structure despite an ongoing decline in revenue and profit.
Intel has released new processors and free cloud services as part of its latest push to capitalize on the nascent Internet of Things market.
It's the biggest week in payment technology since Apple Pay was introduced last year, and the changes could have a long-term impact on how you buy goods and services in stores.
The price of DRAM, the main memory chips inside personal computers, may tick up in coming months as stronger demand for laptop and desktop computers with new microprocessors from Intel and Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) drives stronger PC buying, analy...
Nvidia is looking to expand its CUDA parallel-processing architecture to mobile devices in the next few years, the company's CEO said Wednesday.
Chip makers including Samsung and GlobalFoundries on Monday announced a development platform that could hasten the release of a new generation of low-power chips for mobile devices.
Upbeat sales reports and forecasts continue to pour in for the PC and chip market, offering yet more evidence that economic recovery has already spurred a worldwide resurgence in spending on hardware.
Intel is considering hardware-based acceleration for Google's new WebM video file format in its Atom-based TV chips if the format gains popularity, an Intel executive said on Thursday.
Intel won't ship its Larrabee graphics processor, but elements of the chip will be used in future server and laptop processors, a company spokesman said on Wednesday.
European antitrust regulators fined nine semiconductor manufacturers more than €331 million (US$404 million) on Wednesday following a years-long investigation into price fixing in the market for DRAM memory chips.
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (TSMC), the world's largest contract chip maker, on Monday reported record high chip sales for the month of April.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Pennsylvania man sentenced to 18 months for celeb hacking
- Personal data of 550,000 Red Cross blood donors was breached
- Yet another Apple dongle: Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter now available
- Meet Apple’s complete MacBook lineup
- 7 technologies killed in Apple's new MacBook Pro
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (Oracle/SSADM) 161027/SSA/634Asia
- CCChange Analyst - BankingNSW
- CCSenior Java Analyst Programmer - Front Office TradingNSW
- CCSenior C# .Net EngineerNSW
- CCCloud Security Services SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Technical Tibco Integration SpecialistNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Application IntegrationQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst - HKMAAsia
- CCPentaho BI DeveloperQLD
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- CCJava Developer - CQ5VIC
- CCTest Engineer - .NETNSW
- FTHead of Information and Digital Technology at Taronga ZooNSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - UNIX/LinuxVIC
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - NetApp, Exchange, ADNSW
- FTBizTalk Developer X3VIC
- FTSystem Engineer l Applications & SOE PackagersNSW
- CCSecurity Data ScientistVIC
- TPSenior Helpdesk OfficerACT
- CC.Net Developer - AzureNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - OTC DerivativesAsia
- CCProject SchedulerSA
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- FTJunior Java DevelopersACT