Intel's Core chips dominate PCs, but the company isn't giving up on its Pentium and Celeron brands.
Millions of people will buy VR headsets in the coming years to play games and view 3D content, and those sales could spark a real-world war among chip-makers.
Qualcomm's upcoming server chips are being tested by top-tier cloud players, but now developers can also work with them through a new cloud service.
Intel has just started shipping some of its fastest mobile chips to date, meaning new, powerful laptops should soon be on the market.
After evaluating options to break the company up, Qualcomm has decided not to change its corporate structure despite an ongoing decline in revenue and profit.
Intel has released new processors and free cloud services as part of its latest push to capitalize on the nascent Internet of Things market.
It's the biggest week in payment technology since Apple Pay was introduced last year, and the changes could have a long-term impact on how you buy goods and services in stores.
The price of DRAM, the main memory chips inside personal computers, may tick up in coming months as stronger demand for laptop and desktop computers with new microprocessors from Intel and Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) drives stronger PC buying, analy...
Nvidia is looking to expand its CUDA parallel-processing architecture to mobile devices in the next few years, the company's CEO said Wednesday.
Chip makers including Samsung and GlobalFoundries on Monday announced a development platform that could hasten the release of a new generation of low-power chips for mobile devices.
Upbeat sales reports and forecasts continue to pour in for the PC and chip market, offering yet more evidence that economic recovery has already spurred a worldwide resurgence in spending on hardware.
Intel is considering hardware-based acceleration for Google's new WebM video file format in its Atom-based TV chips if the format gains popularity, an Intel executive said on Thursday.
Intel won't ship its Larrabee graphics processor, but elements of the chip will be used in future server and laptop processors, a company spokesman said on Wednesday.
European antitrust regulators fined nine semiconductor manufacturers more than €331 million (US$404 million) on Wednesday following a years-long investigation into price fixing in the market for DRAM memory chips.
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (TSMC), the world's largest contract chip maker, on Monday reported record high chip sales for the month of April.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Optus looks to lock in EPL fans with new bundles
- A Russian hacker gave away millions of email credentials for social media votes
- It's time to future-proof Australia's copyright laws for the 21st century
- Prepare for the rise of the augmented human: Futurist Simon Raik-Allen
- This startup uses machine learning to turn your old enterprise apps into mobile ones
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- CCCommunication and Change ManagerVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160422/AP/544Asia
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- CCService DeskWA
- CCRelease Management LeadNSW
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- CCAzure DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Analyst/Programmer II (Drupal 7.39/PHP) 160427/CAP/vccAsia
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- CCUX Designer and UX ResearcherVIC
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- CCInfrastructure Engineer - Windows, VMWare, HyperVWA
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- CCInfra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, NetworkNSW
- CCFull Stack Developers - JavaNSW
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC