An 11.6in Chromebook for those of you who want a basic and lightweight laptop
Acer has launched the world’s first Chromebase all‐in‐one desktop with Intel processors at CES 2016 in Las Vegas.
Google is adding a feature to its Chrome mobile browser that can reduce data usage by up to 50 percent, which could avoid extra data charges from carriers.
Microsoft has signed a patent agreement with Taiwan's Compal Electronics that provides coverage under its patent portfolio for Compal's tablets, mobile phones, e-readers and other consumer devices running Android or the Chrome platform, the company s...
Quanta Computer, the Taiwanese contract computer manufacturer, is now the ninth company to license patents from Microsoft for its Android devices, the companies said Thursday.
Google co-founder Sergey Brin said Windows and other traditional PC operating systems are "torturing users" at Google's Chrome OS launch event Wednesday, where the company claimed 75 per cent of business users can be converted from Windows to Chrome ...
Microsoft is launching Windows 7, Google has fired back with Chrome OS, and today Microsoft is turning up the volume on Office 2010. That's a lot to juggle, and soon you'll be asking yourself: Can I afford to upgrade or can I afford not to upgrade?
Whitepapers about Chrome OS
The days of relying solely on local storage and in-house servers to deliver your data are well behind us. These days, it makes sense to move some (if not all) of your business’s services into the Cloud. From email to document management, much can be achieved with Internet services that can be accessed from anywhere in the world. The main benefit is that a proper Cloud service can make it easier to manage and share information with your workers and help boost productivity. Here, then, are the main reasons to consider a service such as Google Apps.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Cisco snatches AppDynamics from IPO market for $3.7B
- Microsoft's OneDrive for Business gets Mac client, shared folder sync
- Cyber criminals avoid fraud within their own ranks with new site
- If you want to be an Xbox Insider, Microsoft says you'll now have to earn it
- In PC comeback, ARM will battle Intel in Chromebooks and Windows 10
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSecurity Delivery Manager l Security, Governance, Delivery & OperationNSW
- CCProgram Support OfficerNSW
- TPPL/SQL DeveloperNSW
- FTJunior Design Project CoordinatorQLD
- TPSALESFORCE DEVELOPERQLD
- CCAccessability TesterNSW
- CCMultiple Infrastructure ArchitectsWA
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetWA
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- FTNetIQ Development & SupportNSW
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCSAP HR/ Payroll ConsultantQLD
- FTCloud Orchestration SpecialistVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- FTFront End DeveloperQLD
- TPTechnical Solutions Architect-Dynamics CRMVIC
- TPProject Technical LeadQLD
- FTMS Exchange System Engineer l PowerShell l Message LabsNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTSenior Linux Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTTSM SpecialistNSW