Bowing to pressure from customers and competitors, SAP will provide a series of recently released, next-generation user interface technologies at no extra charge.
SAP's recently announced plans to overhaul its support services have user groups giving the thumbs up, although it may be some time before many customers feel a big difference.
The abrupt departure of SAP technology chief Vishal Sikka has prompted a number of questions about the vendor's strategy, particularly in regard to the Hana in-memory computing platform, and what it could mean for customers.
All the hype around big data last year didn't drive big growth in the worldwide BI (business-intelligence) and analytics market, according to research firm Gartner.
San Diego's US$50 million SAP system has ended up tripling employees' workloads for certain types of tasks, but the city has also failed to devote enough attention to training, according to a consultant's report released earlier this month.
Roughly a year after settling an ugly, protracted legal battle with Oracle, Montclair State University is planning to implement a rival vendor's ERP (enterprise-resource-planning) system.
Oracle has issued a comprehensive list of its software that may or may not be affected by the OpenSSL (secure sockets layer) vulnerability known as Heartbleed, while warning that no fixes are yet available for some likely affected products.
SAP user groups are stepping up pressure on the vendor over the fees charged for its user-friendly Fiori applications, saying they should be included as part of the substantial annual maintenance costs customers already pay, particularly given SAP's ...
Canadian airline WestJet believes gamification, the notion of applying elements of game design to a workplace setting, can help its employees use more effectively its Oracle J.D. Edwards ERP (enterprise resource planning) system.
It's not uncommon for ERP projects to take longer and cost more money than initially planned, but neither outcome ended up being on the menu for fast-food giant Wendy's recent Oracle E-Business Suite upgrade.
Worldwide IT spending this year will rise 3.2 percent to US$3.8 trillion, driven by rebounding device sales and strong growth in the enterprise software category, according to analyst firm Gartner.
Oracle has overtaken rival IBM as the world's second-largest software vendor by pulling in $US29.6 billion in software revenue during 2013, according to analyst firm Gartner.
It's been nearly four years since SAP got into enterprise mobility with the acquisition of Sybase, but many customers still don't quite understand its mobile product strategy, according to a new survey by the Americas' SAP Users' Group.
The U.S. government's flagship health insurance exchange website, Healthcare.gov, was temporarily shut down Monday, the deadline for people to sign up for health coverage under the new law.
A newly released, independent audit of Oregon's disastrous Obamacare website implementation takes both state officials and site contractor Oracle to task, saying each side contributed to problems that have generated a political firestorm in recent mo...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Okta's API access product targets the trend toward services
- Say hello to old friend Dell Technologies on Sept. 7
- DARPA sees IoT and AI as weapons to dominate wars
- BitTorrent client is found distributing Mac-based malware
- Get started in data science: 5 steps you can take online for free
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCFull stack Java Developer- NoSQL database, Amazon AWS productsNSW
- FTUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCHead of Enterprise Organisational Change- GovernanceNSW
- CCVMWare SpecialistACT
- FTMicrosoft Solution ArchitectACT
- CCProject Coordinator (Paying $400-$450 per day)NSW
- FTDesign and Engineering - Technical WriterWA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Windows 7/8/10) 160901/SA/212Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (CISCO/Firewall/Network) 160819/SA/423Asia
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Contact CentresNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Brand NEW IoT ProjectNSW
- CCTIBCO Support ConsultantsNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW
- CCSoftware Engineer - Linux with NV1 clearanceVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160816/AP/vhsAsia
- CCBusiness Analyst - Project Server/SharePoint exposureACT
- CCOracle DBA with Solaris experienceNSW
- FTInfrastructure Engineer - Cloud computingAsia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Loutus Notes) 160815/SA/102Asia
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/MySQL) 160823/AP/172Asia
- FTIT Release CoordinatorWA