Internet access can be expensive, especially in developing countries. Google is backing a new project that aims to change that.
Cisco Systems has patched 10 vulnerabilities that could impact the availability of devices using various versions of its IOS software.
The creation of a pan-European patent system will help spread abusive patent litigation to Europe and could lead to E.U.-wide sales bans on products, leading tech vendors have claimed.
Cisco Systems has unveiled what it calls the world's most scalable and programmable network processor, the nPower X1, which handles 400G bps to keep up with increasing Internet traffic volume.
The feud between Cisco Systems and maintenance service provider Multiven has come to Europe with the filing of a new antitrust compliant over how Cisco provides software updates.
Because many enterprises have already upgraded their networks to the 802.11n standard, sales growth in the enterprise wireless LAN sector was cut in half during the second quarter, according to Infonetics Research.
SDN (software-defined networking) promises some real benefits for people who use networks, but to the engineers who manage them, it may represent the end of an era.
Cisco Systems released security patches for Secure Access Control Server (Secure ACS) for Windows to address a critical vulnerability that could allow unauthenticated attackers to remotely execute arbitrary commands and take control of the underlying...
The server business continued to slide in the second quarter with worldwide revenue and unit sales down, IDC said Tuesday.
Cisco Systems has released new security patches for several versions of Unified Communications Manager (UCM) to address vulnerabilities that could allow remote attackers to execute arbitrary commands, modify system data or disrupt services.
Opscode has teamed up with Cisco Systems and Arista Networks to add networking features and has expanded its collaboration with Microsoft to broaden Windows integration for its renamed Enterprise Chef platform.
Cisco Systems may be "rebalancing" its business by eliminating 4000 jobs, or about 5 per cent of its workforce, but it'll keep its hands off its hot new security acquisition, Sourcefire.
Cisco Systems has announced it will eliminate about 4000 jobs, saying it needs to pare down middle management to speed up decision-making and execution.
Cisco Systems revenue and profit increased in the company's fourth quarter compared to a year earlier as the company continued its push to transcend its networking roots and become the world's top IT company.
Cisco Systems released a security patch for its Unified Communications Manager (Unified CM) enterprise telephony product in order to mitigate an attack that could allow hackers to take full control of the systems. The company also patched denial-of-s...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Microsoft beta lets workers build their own apps without coding
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
- 5 (more) reasons to be a data scientist
- FCC wireless auction hits spectrum target, paving way for fast, reliable 5G
- IBM offers advice on how to secure blockchain in the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Lotus Notes/Networking) 160504/AP/781Asia
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCInfra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, NetworkNSW
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- CCContract Snr IT Assistant (IT Operation/UNIX) 160504/SITA/982Asia
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSenior Financial Crime AnalystVIC
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (Guidewire Policy Center)NSW
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- CCApplication Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - master data managementACT
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW