Cisco Systems released patches for its small business RV Series routers and firewalls to address vulnerabilities that could allow attackers to execute arbitrary commands and overwrite files on the vulnerable devices.
A coalition of security vendors has disrupted the activities of a sophisticated group of attackers tied to China that, over the past six years, infiltrated the computers of many Fortune 500 companies, journalists, environmental groups, software compa...
The Internet can ease travel concerns in many ways, including flight-delay information, maps of road congestion, and ride-sharing apps. But a Wi-Fi network at the Austin, Texas, airport can now answer one of the great unknowns: How long will I have t...
A group of security companies say a collaborative effort has helped counter several hacking tools used by a China-based group most known for provoking strong condemnation from Google four years ago.
VCE is expanding its line of all-in-one cloud systems, adding one with all-flash storage and offering more options for enterprises that want an easier path to the cloud.
AppliedMicro has announced a new family of 64-bit ARM chips that could disrupt the stodgy but sizeable market for components used in network routers, printers and other "embedded" equipment.
Cisco Systems and Oracle are hard at work identifying networking and other products in their portfolios that are affected by the critical Shellshock vulnerability.
Cisco Systems plans to acquire privately held Metacloud, which specializes in private clouds based on the OpenStack-based open-source cloud computing platform.
VMware and Cisco Systems have released security fixes for serious vulnerabilities in networking virtualisation and server software typically used in datacentres.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission should resist calls to reclassify broadband as a regulated public utility as a way to enact strong net neutrality rules, more than 30 broadband equipment manufacturers, including Cisco Systems, IBM and Intel...
Widely accepted projections of a shortage of mobile spectrum may not be as dire as many analysts in the mobile and tech sectors are making it out to be, according to a new study.
The depletion of Internet addresses would seem to spell relief for aged routers that are struggling to deal with the Internet's growth, but the complicated interplay between those trends might cause even more problems.
Cisco Systems will cut as many as 6000 jobs over the next 12 months, saying it needs to shift resources to growing businesses such as cloud, software and security.
Cisco Systems posted fiscal fourth-quarter revenue and earnings that were roughly flat from a year earlier as the company works through what Chairman and CEO John Chambers called "a tough environment."
Exploit kits of cybercrime tools fell into a big slump in the first half of this year after Russian authorities nabbed the alleged creator of the popular Blackhole kit, but users aren't necessarily safer.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
- Microsoft wants to enable cellular PCs, but will carriers bite?
- Microsoft-Qualcomm deal finally puts Windows 10 and Win32 apps on ARM devices
- Bluetooth 5 is out: Now will home IoT take off?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperACT
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperSA
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerWA
- FTTraffic / Production ManagerNSW
- CCServicing Financial Planner - CBDNSW
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperNSW
- CCApplication Support Lead/ ManagerNSW
- FTProduct Designer - UIVIC
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- FTTechnology Solutions Architect - CloudACT
- TPSharePoint DeveloperACT
- FTSoftware Sales & BDMNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCAgile Iteration ManagerNSW
- FTTraining CoordinatorNSW
- TPHRIS Project Delivery ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCProject Engineer (Microwave)SA
- FTiOS Developer - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- FTIT Software Asset Management CoordinatorWA
- CCUI DesignerNSW
- FTSAP Finance Consultant (Consolidations)ACT