IBM garnered 4914 U.S. patents in 2009, setting an all-time high for Big Blue and maintaining its lead against competitors such as Samsung with 3611 patents and Microsoft with 2906.
Cisco acquired more start-ups than any other corporation over the past decade, in a list dominated by IT vendors such as IBM, Microsoft, EMC and Oracle.
Cisco Systems Chairman and CEO John Chambers demonstrated on Wednesday how the company's TelePresence videoconferencing technology could be developed into a consumer product, showing off the long-awaited system at a press conference ahead of the Inte...
Cisco this week said it will trial a home telepresence service in the United States this spring with Verizon, and in France later this year with France Telecom.
Cisco has just acquired start-up Rohati Systems, according to Rohati’s president and CEO Prashant Gandhi, who says the acquisition price is not disclosed.
In the last couple of newsletters we discussed some of the long-standing concepts that underlie cloud computing. We also discussed a few somewhat newer concepts, such as the dynamic movement of virtual machines (VM). In this newsletter we will discus...
2009 started with a bang and ended with a bash for Cisco.
Cisco Systems' UCS data-center architecture provides the backbone of a service from Taser International that collects and stores video from police cameras.
BT and Cisco have announced the launch of a global cloud-based Internet protocol telephony (IPT) solution from BT's Onevoice unified communications and collaboration (UCC) portfolio.
2010 should be a watershed year for Avaya, which has been reinventing itself for the past three years and is just about to take on the challenge of acquiring and integrating the enterprise assets of Nortel.
2010 promises to be an interesting year in the enterprise LAN switching market.
Cisco Systems tried to partner with major server vendors several years ago before coming out with its own blade servers earlier this year, and it's still open to a partnership with IBM, Chairman and CEO John Chambers said Tuesday.
With dominance in enterprise networking, Cisco still believes there's room to grow through innovation.
Among Microsoft's trials and tribulations in the mergers and acquisitions space, a Microsoft official on Tuesday evening cited fear of dealing with the company as an obstacle Microsoft has had to overcome.
What do phishing, instant messaging malware, DDoS attacks and 419 scams have in common? According to Cisco Systems, they're all has-been cybercrimes that were supplanted by slicker, more menacing forms of cybercrime over the past year.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Java Developer / Technical LeadACT
- CCSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCSystem Engineer - Server Migration experienceNSW
- CCDeemed Order Business SpecialistVIC
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- CCSystems Engineer - NV2ACT
- CCInteractional Designer-Adobe Creative Cloud, SketchNSW
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCQA OfficerACT
- CCMultiple Oracle Fusion SOA/BPEL Developer OpportunitiesVIC
- CCSAP Project ManagersNSW
- FTTechnical Specialist EmailACT
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- FTManaging Security ConsultantQLD
- CCSenior Process AnalystVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- FTInformatica Powercenter SpecialistNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/Orcale/MySQL) 160531/SA/253Asia
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- FTSenior Developer (Full stack)SA
- CCBusiness Analyst, AdviceNSW
- CCContract Programmer (MS SQL Server/SQL/Web) 160518/P/626Asia
- CCTechnical PM - Magento E-Commerce SolutionNSW
- FTInfrastructure Specialist - Sec Ops Network & OSAsia