Cisco and several other investors have given $10.5 million to HyTrust, a start-up that is tackling some of the thornier security problems posed by the growing popularity of VMware's virtualization platform.
The Ethernet switch market grew almost 20% sequentially during the fourth quarter, with Cisco, HP and Juniper Networks adding almost $600 million in incremental revenues, according to a recent study by Dell'Oro Group.Cisco's share actually declined f...
Cisco Systems and Hewlett-Packard probably won't force their mutual customers to take sides after the end of their partnership, though the vendors are deadly serious about competing against one another, analysts said on Friday.
Cisco Systems today said it will not renew its systems integrator contract with HP, meaning HP will no longer be a certified reseller or service partner after April 30.
Juniper Networks has reportedly agreed to pay $US169 million to settle a 4-year-old lawsuit over backdating stock options, a practice that entrapped and embarrassed many high-tech firms over the past decade.
Cisco has been saying for years that mobile video data traffic content is exploding, and it now expects the amount of video traffic in 2014 to be 66% of all mobile data traffic by 2014. That prediction came in a new forecast by the networking company...
The two biggest router companies are focusing their attention on mobility this week with products to address operator needs for rich 4G multimedia services.
A Chinese man was sentenced to two-and-a-half years in a U.S. prison this week for trafficking in counterfeit Cisco Systems gear.
Cisco is expected to unveil new and enhanced data center products that are designed to more easily interconnect and allocate resources among multiple data centers and are optimized for cloud computing and virtualization.
Cisco Systems Inc. plans to add voice-over-Wi-Fi capabilities to its existing iPhone app by April, part of a continuing effort to expand its unified communications technology into the mobile space.
Cisco, NetApp and VMware Tuesday announced a project to improve the security of virtualization deployments, with a focus on isolating applications that use the same physical network, server and storage resources in multi-tenant systems.
Cisco Systems Inc. today announced a new network line card based on a services-oriented architecture (SOA) that offers four different functions for storage area networks (SANs) that can be licensed separately and deployed regardless of the back-end s...
The number of office workers using their corporate network to illegally file-share has increased, says ScanSafe.
IBM garnered 4914 U.S. patents in 2009, setting an all-time high for Big Blue and maintaining its lead against competitors such as Samsung with 3611 patents and Microsoft with 2906.
Cisco acquired more start-ups than any other corporation over the past decade, in a list dominated by IT vendors such as IBM, Microsoft, EMC and Oracle.
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® Portable SSD
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Surface Pro 4
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HP Pavilion x360 13”
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Here’s how the US government can bolster cybersecurity
- This $450 Core i5 laptop from HP costs less new than used
- SAP license fees are due even for indirect users, UK court says
- Computer crashed? You could blame forces beyond our solar system
- Insecure Android apps put connected cars at risk
GGG Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTJava Developer/IntegratorACT
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer -NetApp & TSMNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXVIC
- TPAgile Business AnalystQLD
- TPOracle Consultant - CC&BSA
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Manufacturing and Trade & Logistics Modules)QLD
- FTSenior Information Security ConsultantQLD
- CCProject Manager - Adelaide basedVIC
- TPSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- TPSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Technical Business Analyst - ITMSP - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTSolutions Software DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness/Process AnalystNSW
- CCProject Scheduler-Port MacquarieQLD
- FTSenior Functional Consultant - Data Analytics - TelcoVIC
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Supply Chain Modules)NSW
- TPChange and Communications CoordinatorQLD
- FTEnterprise Architect l Practice Manager - Archimate 3.0, eTOMNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTSolution Designer l Microsoft SMENSW
- TPAnalyst Programmer (Adabas)SA
- TPScrum MasterVIC
- CCPMO ManagerNSW
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW