Cisco's Nexus 9000 product line, developed by spin-in Insieme Networks, is the company's response to the SDN craze
HP, IBM, Cisco and Juniper among those slimming down this year
After a rollercoaster ride, tech stocks rebounded toward the end of the week following reports of a possible compromise on the political impasse over the U.S. budget.
More hotels, shops and other businesses will soon be offering free Wi-Fi to customers if they agree in return to "check-in" at the business from their Facebook account.
Apple, Microsoft, Google and Cisco are flush with cash, and so are many other tech companies
Some companies actually thrived while Cisco knocked off most of its competitors.
Cisco is set to expand its security software portfolio with the acquisition of Sourcefire in a deal worth US$2.7 billion.
Closing out June, tech stocks are up for the year but have not enjoyed the full fruits of a bull market that has boosted the Dow to its best first half since 1999, right before the dot-com crash.
Buffeted by concerns about the economy and IT spending, tech stocks have gone on a roller coaster ride lately, but on the whole they've managed to hang on to gains they made earlier in the quarter.
Despite dismal forecasts for PCs and servers, tech stocks have been doing well on optimism about cloud technology and mobile devices.
The third annual Open Networking Summit, an SDN conference organized by the Open Networking Foundation, convened this week just after ONF members Cisco and IBM unveiled a separate effort to define an open source SDN framework.
While U.S. markets have surged lately, with the Dow Jones Industrial Average hitting milestone after milestone in 10 straight days of advances, a relatively modest increase in the value of IT company shares reflects the reality that a rising tide wil...
A jury in Texas found that Cisco Systems did not infringe four patents held by VirnetX Holding, according to court records.
The majority of email and Web gateways, firewalls, remote access servers, UTM (united threat management) systems and other security appliances have serious vulnerabilities, according to a security researcher who analyzed products from multiple vendor...
With U.S. markets rallying and the Dow Jones Industrial Average hitting record highs, analysts and industry insiders are expressing a sense of sober confidence, if not exuberance, about the tech sector's prospects for the year.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- This malware pretends to be WhatsApp, Uber and Google Play
- Traffic tickets got you down? This UK robo-lawyer has already saved users millions
- Resold hard drives on eBay, Craigslist are often still ripe with leftover data
- Too many IoT networks? Cisco just bet on this one
- Senator stalls intelligence funding bill over surveillance concerns
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- CCSystems Monitoring Specialist - Foglight focusNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Designer - Cyber SecurityNSW
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- FTSolution Architect - Data/ InformationVIC
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- FTProject ManagerACT
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCSecurity Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW