This year, Cisco recognizes the 25th anniversary of its Networkers user conference. To put this run in perspective, here's a timeline of Cisco-specific events interspersed with world, national, cultural and technology milestones that occurred over th...
These acquisitions helped Cisco jump on market trends early on, and take hold of them as they grow into money-makers.
If you want to find out how the so-called Internet of things is shaking up the tech industry, Mobile World Congress in Barcelona is the place to be this week.
Oracle is buying Corente, maker of SDN (software-defined networking) technology for WANs (wide area networks), in a strike against competitors such as Cisco and IBM. Terms of the deal, which is expected to close early this year, weren't disclosed on ...
Technology stocks are up for the year as shares of many vendors are back to pre-recession levels, but recent company results and market research reports have been mixed, calling into question how some vendors will fare next year.
The Nasdaq computer index Friday hit its highest point since November 2000, in the wake of the dot-com bust, despite mixed reports this week from the hardware and components sector.
While China's demand for electronics continues to soar, the tech services market may be shrinking for U.S. enterprise vendors. Security concerns over U.S. secret surveillance are giving the Chinese government and local companies more reason to trust ...
Cisco's Nexus 9000 product line, developed by spin-in Insieme Networks, is the company's response to the SDN craze
HP, IBM, Cisco and Juniper among those slimming down this year
After a rollercoaster ride, tech stocks rebounded toward the end of the week following reports of a possible compromise on the political impasse over the U.S. budget.
More hotels, shops and other businesses will soon be offering free Wi-Fi to customers if they agree in return to "check-in" at the business from their Facebook account.
Apple, Microsoft, Google and Cisco are flush with cash, and so are many other tech companies
Some companies actually thrived while Cisco knocked off most of its competitors.
Cisco is set to expand its security software portfolio with the acquisition of Sourcefire in a deal worth US$2.7 billion.
Closing out June, tech stocks are up for the year but have not enjoyed the full fruits of a bull market that has boosted the Dow to its best first half since 1999, right before the dot-com crash.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router review
- Four state AGs sue to block US decision to cede key internet role
- Salesforce tries to block Microsoft's LinkedIn acquisition
- Paris motor show turns on to electric cars
- Google rebrands Apps for Work as G Suite, adds intelligent features
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT