Life today is vastly more complicated for IT managers than it used to be, thanks in large part to two key trends: bring-your-own-device computing and the growing prevalence of mixed-infrastructure IT environments.
Apple iPad users will soon be able to interact with Citrix Systems' virtual Windows apps using a mouse.
Lenovo's website hack points to DNS weakness ... FTC asked to probe Samsung ... Facebook vet starts server analytics biz ... and more tech news
Citrix Systems announced better than expected financial results for the last quarter but also a restructuring plan that will see 900 jobs being cut.
Citrix Systems is working on a mouse to simplify the use of remote Windows apps on Apple's tablets and smartphones.
The latest version of Citrix Systems' XenServer cuts the cost of virtualizing high-end PCs by increasing the number of desktops that can run on each server.
Citrix Systems has acquired storage virtualization vendor Sanbolic in a move that could make it easier for Citrix users to use applications and virtual desktops spread across data centers and clouds.
Citrix Systems' online storage and file sharing platform ShareFile will get integrated e-signing functionality thanks to the acquisition of RightSignature.
Citrix Systems wants to manage desktops and mobile devices with the latest version of XenMobile, and is also working on making it easier for XenApp users to upgrade.
Citrix Systems has acquired Framehawk for an undisclosed sum, and will use the company's technology to improve the performance of virtual desktops and applications over wireless networks.
Citrix has started shipping a slimmed-down version of its GoToMeeting online meeting and video conferencing product that had been in beta testing since September.
To help operators virtualize their infrastructures, Alcatel-Lucent has opened up to third party vendors an internal cloud platform that will run features such as DNS and firewalls.
Citrix Systems will use its NetScaler Control Center for VMware to manage NetScaler functionality within virtualized networks that use VMware's NSX platform.
Job candidates seeking employment at consulting firm McKinsey & Company better prepare themselves -- it ranked as the toughest company to interview at in a recent report, well ahead of big-name technology players like Google, Microsoft and Facebook.
The latest version of Citrix Systems' XenClient offers better integration with its other desktop virtualization offerings and more user personalization, as the vendor hopes to make the bare-metal hypervisor more popular among road warriors.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How to turn off Chrome notifications and stop websites from bugging you
- Oracle patches raft of vulnerabilities in business applications
- Microsoft's Cortana is headed to the Android lock screen
- Microsoft buys Simplygon to simplify rendering VR and AR models
- Gabe Newell's Reddit Q&A: The most interesting answers on Half-Life 3, Steam support, and more
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)WA
- CCSCRUM MasterVIC
- TPService Delivery ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)Other
- TPLevel 3 Systems EngineerWA
- CCSenior Test AnalystQLD
- CCITCM Technical Specialist - SydneyNSW
- CCCapacity and Performance Analyst - Mainframe - Z SystemsVIC
- CCFIS Connex DeveloperQLD
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)NSW
- FTRegional Sales Manager - Telco/ICT - Employer of choiceQLD
- TPSenior Project Manager - Digital Application CX TransformationNSW
- TPMS Dynamics Post Implementation BAQLD
- CCProgram Support OfficerNSW
- CCBiztalk DeveloperNSW
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedNSW
- CCProject Coordinator - TelcoVIC
- FTFull Stack PHP DevelopersQLD