While VMware had no shortage of new and updated products to debut at its VMworld conference, being held this week in Las Vegas, many VMware partners and competitors introduced their own offerings at the show as well.
Citrix has acquired RingCube, a vendor of software for personalizing desktops within virtual desktop infrastructures (VDI), the companies announced Wednesday. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Startup HotLink has exited stealth mode and launched SuperVISOR for VMware, designed to allow IT departments to mix and match hypervisors from different vendors and manage them all using VMware's vCenter platform, the company said on Tuesday.
Citrix Systems this week bought Cloud.com, a 70-employee start-up that makes cloud infrastructure software. At the same time, it acquired what may be one of today's most desirable tech domain names, cloud.com.
Jumping into the quickly growing market of cloud software providers, virtualization software provider Citrix has purchased open-source cloud software provider Cloud.com, the companies announced Tuesday. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Simon Crosby, the former CTO of Citrix Systems' data center and cloud business, has formed a startup called Bromium that will aim to solve security problems in a cloud environment.
Enterprises got some much needed clarification on the implementation of PCI requirements in virtualized environments on Tuesday.
The acquisition of Kaviza, a maker of simple desktop virtualization software for small businesses, by Citrix Systems is all the buzz at this week's Citrix Synergy event at San Francisco's Moscone Center West.
Citrix Systems has acquired Kaviza, a company whose preconfigured Virtual Desktop Infrastructure-in-a-box makes it easier for small and medium-size businesses to start using desktop virtualization, Citrix said on Monday.
Rackspace hopes to make using virtual desktops easier by hosting Citrix XenDesktop and XenApp, it announced on Monday.
Citrix XenServer is a commercial implementation of the open source Xen virtualization solution. Citrix has extended the base Xen engine with management tools and tightened up various components related to implementing and managing Windows and Linux v...
While weak signals and overloaded cells usually take the blame for slow mobile data, the way packets are handled on a carrier's network can also affect performance, and vendors of network management tools are finding new ways to reduce bottlenecks.
Citrix Systems has invested in Primadesk, a company that is developing a free, Web-based application to help users keep track of content stored in different cloud-based services, the company said on Monday.
Citrix Systems announced Friday it has agreed to purchase German vendor Netviewer, maker of online meeting software, in order to meet growing demand for such services in the European region.
A new tool from Citrix has been designed to help XenDesktop users gather more detailed information about the hardware that is being used.
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Huawei Mate 9
Google Daydream VR headset
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Surface Pro 4
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Inkle's space archaeologist adventure won't tell you if your lost language translations are wrong
- Dell's 28-inch 4K monitor is just $300 right now
- Apple: Macs and iPhones are safe from newly revealed CIA exploits
- Microsoft delays tools for third-party Cortana integrations
- Google Play faces cat and mouse game with sneaky Android malware
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- TPSAP BA - Source to PayQLD
- TPUnix- Technical Support OfficerVIC
- FTIT Business Process Analyst x 3 - (government background)NSW
- TPAutomation TesterQLD
- FTLead DevOps EngineerNSW
- CCProject AdministratorNSW
- FTJunior Applications SupportACT
- FT.Net Developer (x2)NSW
- FTPower BI Reporting DevelopersSA
- CCNetwork EngineersACT
- FTHR Application Architect - WorkdayVIC
- FTNetwork Security AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Microsoft EngineerVIC
- FTWintel EngineerSA
- FTBusiness Analyst - Online / DigitalQLD
- FTSenior Java DeveloperQLD
- FTMid Level PHP DeveloperNSW
- TPTechnical ArchitectVIC
- CCSalesforce Functional AnalystNSW
- CCDevOps Developer - TelcoVIC
- CCApplication ArchitectQLD
- FTSenior Infrastructure Business AnalystVIC
- FTEnterprise Solution ArchitectNSW