The U.S. Federal Communications Commission and its allies have several options, with most of them difficult, after a U.S. appeals court struck down most of the agency's 2010 net neutrality rules.
After six months of contentious debate over U.S. National Security Agency surveillance programs, prompted by leaks from former government contractor Edward Snowden, the third week in December may have marked a major turning point.
After almost a decade of litigation, Google scored a victory last week over the Authors Guild, which had sued the company for copyright infringement over its Google Books search engine. But a few important chapters in the legal saga have yet to be wr...
A U.S. judge's ruling Wednesday that Apple violated antitrust laws in its dealings with book publishers may limit the ways in which the company strikes deals in other industries going forward.
Some of the most memorable IT-related quotes were uttered in courtrooms this year, which involved a steady stream of legal challenges about intellectual property. In no particular order, these are some of the comments that stuck with us as 2012 winds...
Sure, plenty of enterprise software projects go just fine and end up giving customers all the things vendors promise: lower operating costs, streamlined operations and happier users.
Hewlett-Packard's bombshell revelation that it would take a US$8.8 billion non-cash writedown after allegedly discovering major accounting fraud related to its Autonomy business unit has rocked the tech world.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Java-based Trojan was used to attack over 400,000 systems
- HPE servers get new names to help users figure out what they can be used for
- Amazon Web Services goes gunning for gamers with free FPS framework
- US government wants to sharply increase spending on cybersecurity
- Facebook faces restrictions in France on data transfer to US, tracking of users
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java, Oracle ADF) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- FTSenior Portfolio Manager - IT ProjectsNSW
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW
- CCSSIS/ SSRS ExpertVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Oracle ProcurementSA
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT