The U.S. Federal Communications Commission and its allies have several options, with most of them difficult, after a U.S. appeals court struck down most of the agency's 2010 net neutrality rules.
After six months of contentious debate over U.S. National Security Agency surveillance programs, prompted by leaks from former government contractor Edward Snowden, the third week in December may have marked a major turning point.
After almost a decade of litigation, Google scored a victory last week over the Authors Guild, which had sued the company for copyright infringement over its Google Books search engine. But a few important chapters in the legal saga have yet to be wr...
A U.S. judge's ruling Wednesday that Apple violated antitrust laws in its dealings with book publishers may limit the ways in which the company strikes deals in other industries going forward.
Some of the most memorable IT-related quotes were uttered in courtrooms this year, which involved a steady stream of legal challenges about intellectual property. In no particular order, these are some of the comments that stuck with us as 2012 winds...
Sure, plenty of enterprise software projects go just fine and end up giving customers all the things vendors promise: lower operating costs, streamlined operations and happier users.
Hewlett-Packard's bombshell revelation that it would take a US$8.8 billion non-cash writedown after allegedly discovering major accounting fraud related to its Autonomy business unit has rocked the tech world.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCTechnology Team Lead / Senior Developer - JavaNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NV1VIC
- CCMessaging Engineer - BAU SupportNSW
- FTLinux Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- CCSystem Engineer - Server Migration experienceNSW
- CCDeemed Order Business SpecialistVIC
- FTBusiness Systems Architect - Technical LeadershipWA
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- CCApplication Server AdminACT
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCSoftware DevelopersACT
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCDigital Content ProducerVIC
- CCQA OfficerACT
- FTImplementation / Deployment Specialist- Web Sphere, ESB, IIBNSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperSA
- FTTechnical Specialist EmailACT
- FTHadoop Operation EngineerNSW
- CCMobility SpcialistACT
- CCApplication System EngineerACT