European Union lawmakers believe that micro-licensing could solve all user generated content problems (UCG) according to a European Commission document leaked on Monday.
Email providers have to turn over a user's emails and other data to U.S. law enforcement when issued a search warrant, even if the data is stored overseas, a U.S. judge ruled Friday.
A federal appeals court opinion issued Friday could change the schedule in the patent infringement trial between Apple and Samsung.
As the second jury trial between Apple and Samsung approaches its conclusion, the companies are sparring over the precise questions the jury will be asked to consider.
The four remaining defendants in Silicon Valley's closely watched employee hiring case -- Google, Apple, Adobe and Intel -- have agreed to a settlement, according to a new court filing.
Megaupload, the defunct file-storage site, is asking a Hong Kong court to release millions of dollars in assets as part of efforts to allow its former users to reclaim their data.
Google agreed to take over some of Samsung's defense against patent claims brought by Apple under a secret agreement reached in 2012, a federal court jury heard Tuesday.
After three weeks of defending itself against patent infringement claims, Samsung switched gears Monday and began presenting its argument that Apple is the one that infringes others' intellectual property.
Jurors in the Apple v. Samsung case have heard a lot of big numbers in the past few weeks.
Tech workers suing over an alleged no-poaching agreement among Silicon Valley firms are fighting an attempt by defendants to ban evidence that might portray Steve Jobs as a bad guy.
Five music labels have filed a lawsuit against streaming music service Pandora Music, saying the company is violating state law by refusing to pay labels and artists for its use of recordings made before 1972.
Typo halted the sale of its add-on keyboard for the iPhone on Tuesday after an injunction took effect that bans it from being imported to the US.
A Brussels court has banned Uber from operating its ride hailing service in the city because its drivers don't have a taxi license, local media reported Tuesday. If it flouts the ban, Uber must pay a penalty of €10,000 (US$13,800) per violation.
BlackBerry has asked a California court to immediately block sales of an add-on iPhone keyboard made by Typo, alleging the startup backed by TV and radio personality Ryan Seacrest misled the court.
Samsung's lawyers tried to put a human face on Google's Android development efforts as they opened their defense Friday against Apple's patent infringement claims and its demand for US$2.2 billion in damages.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTProject Manager - IT Technology / Site RelocationsNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- CCProject Manager CCTVNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCHR Contractor Retail ProjectVIC
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- CCNetwork Engineer - NV2 ClearanceVIC
- FTGraduate IT supportNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA
- CCeLearning Developer / Learning Management System AdministratorACT
- CCNetwork ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- CCCisco CCIE Certified Network EngineerWA
- FTSecurity ExpertACT
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/SQL Server) 160812/AP/553Asia
- FTService Desk ManagerNSW
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCData Integration specialistACT
- CCMicrosoft Business Intelligence (BI) ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Process Analyst - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- CCTest CoordinatorQLD
- FTPortfolio Governance AnalystVIC