The U.S. Department of Justice defended the National Security Agency's massive phone records collection program after a U.S. District Court judge ruled Monday that the program is likely to violate the U.S. Constitution.
A pension investment group has sued IBM, claiming that the company failed to warn investors that sales in China would slow dramatically following revelations that IBM was helping the U.S. National Security Agency spy on the Chinese.
JDA has been hit with a lawsuit from online lingerie and underwear seller Andra Group, which claims its business suffered millions in damages after a new e-commerce system wasn't delivered as promised.
The wisdom of Abraham Lincoln, the 16th president of the U.S., made a perhaps long-overdue appearance in the high-stakes patent infringement battle between Apple and Samsung.
Apple has incurred legal costs of over US$60 million in its court battle against Samsung in California, and the bill is still rising.
Oracle's copyright case against Google's Android OS appeared to gain new life this week after a federal appeals court judge poked holes in Google's defense.
The U.S. Army will pay Apptricity, a supply chain and financial software developer, US$50 million to settle a copyright infringement claim that it used but didn't pay for thousands of copies of logistics management software.
A legal war between EMC and flash startup Pure Storage has escalated to charges of patent infringement and illegally obtaining a storage array to mine it for intellectual property.
A judge has ruled that Hewlett-Packard and its CEO, Meg Whitman, must mount a defense against a shareholder class action lawsuit claiming that Whitman and HP made misleading statements about the acquisition of Autonomy.
The U.S Federal Bureau of Investigation should make public a legal opinion it used to justify a past telephone records surveillance program because other agencies may still be relying on the document for surveillance justifications, the Electronic Fr...
Nokia has asked a court in Delhi to revoke a freeze on its factory in India over a tax dispute, ahead of the proposed acquisition by Microsoft of its handset business.
The owners of an Atlanta company have agreed to settle U.S. Federal Trade Commission charges that they crammed US$10 million worth of charges onto mobile phone users' bills without their permission.
A New York-based online gaming company has settled a civil complaint that it secretly installed bitcoin-mining code on its subscribers' computers, netting more than US$3,700 worth of virtual currency.
A U.S. judge has shut down an online business listing operation that allegedly bilked more than US$14 million from U.S. small businesses and churches.
Google has reached a US$17 million settlement with 37 U.S. states and the District of Columbia over its unauthorized placement of cookies on devices running Apple's Safari browser, New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman said Monday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCImplementation ManagerNSW
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTPractice Lead - InsuranceNSW
- FTStorage ConsultantACT
- CCSAP Financial Master DataACT
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCWeb/Mobile Developer (Android)WA
- FTAppian Developer/ArchitectVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/Oracle) 160617/AP/025Asia
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- FTManager of Infrastructure ServicesVIC
- FTTechnical Support - ImplementationsVIC