A half-million lines of custom code wasn't enough to produce a viable Dynamics AX ERP (enterprise resource planning) system for point-of-sale and RFID products distributor ScanSource, according to a lawsuit it has filed against Avanade, the joint ven...
A U.S. federal judge ruled Wednesday that Amazon.com did not mislead consumers by calling its own applications marketplace the "Appstore," a name that Apple alleged is too similar to its own "App Store."
A U.S. International Trade Comission judge is recommending sanctions against Samsung that include an import and sales ban on products found to infringe Apple patents, and the posting of a bond for 88 percent of the value of some of the devices involv...
A class action lawsuit has been filed against Instagram over the company's controversial update to its terms of service last week.
Apple has appealed a judge's decision not to ban from sale in the U.S. 26 Samsung cell phones that were found to infringe on its patents.
Salesforce.com has tied its Sales Cloud CRM (customer relationship management) application into its Work.com employee performance management software, in a combination the company says can make average salespeople better and good ones great.
A federal jury in Delaware has found Apple's iPhone infringes on three patents held by MobileMedia, a patent-holding company formed by Sony, Nokia and MPEG LA.
Change in any industry involves conflict. Evolution and revolution in tech this year took place not only in the marketplace but also in the courtroom, the factory, and on the Web. Here are the top news stories of 2012 as selected by the editors of th...
At the end of a long court hearing in California on Thursday that saw Apple and Samsung argue over a US$1 billion damages award granted to Apple this summer, Judge Lucy Koh had a simple yet optimistic request: global peace.
Xerox is being sued by systems integrator CedarCrestone over payments related to an Oracle PeopleSoft upgrade at insurer CIGNA.
Apple and Samsung will return on Thursday to the San Jose courtroom where they battled over cell phone patents earlier this year, and Apple subsequently won damages of $1.05 billion.
Two days ahead of the first post-trial hearing in the patent infringement fight between Apple and Samsung, a California judge has signaled to lawyers for both companies that she expects them to follow her instructions and work by her rules.
Hewlett-Packard has filed a complaint against display manufacturers Chunghwa Picture Tubes and Tatung Company of America, seeking to recover damages it claims it suffered as a result of their involvement in a price fixing scheme.
Privacy campaign group Europe vs. Facebook has threatened to take the Irish Data Protection Commissioner to court if it is not satisfied with the DPC's final responses to its 22 complaints about Facebook's privacy policies, and appealed for donations...
Autonomy founder Mike Lynch has created a new website where he will apparently keep a running stockpile of his responses to Hewlett-Packard's allegations of accounting fraud at the vendor.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- US trade body investigates seven smartphone companies
- Maps of Google and other services could require security clearance in India
- Google, Honeywell resolve patent dispute over Nest thermostats
- FTTN revenue begins to trickle in for NBN
- HP partners with Intel to invigorate STEM (+4 photos)
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTMultiple opportunities for Front and Back end Web DevelopersVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCL3 - Network Design and Support EngineerNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- FTSenior Middleware Lead Shared Services (Support and EngineeringVIC
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- CCCloud Service Solution LeadVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- CCUX Designer and UX ResearcherVIC
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSr. Project ManagerVIC
- CCSecurity AnalystACT
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT