A court in Mexico has entered a US$2.7 billion judgment against Yahoo in a breach-of-contract suit over a yellow-pages listing service.
Social media analytics service PeopleBrowsr said it has won a temporary restraining order in a California court against Twitter's decision to end its four-year old arrangement to supply data to the company.
Nokia has asked a California court to enforce an arbitration award that would prevent Research In Motion from selling products with wireless LAN capabilities until the companies can agree on patent royalty rates.
The feud between Autonomy founder Mike Lynch and Hewlett-Packard's leadership over alleged accounting fraud at the software vendor has intensified, with Lynch declaring his innocence in an open letter to the company's board and HP quickly returning f...
Apple is seeking to add six Samsung products in a patent infringement lawsuit between the electronic giants scheduled to start in U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California in March 2014.
Hewlett-Packard CEO Meg Whitman has moved to reassure customers that the future of its Autonomy product line is safe, a day after HP disclosed an alleged accounting scandal at the company it acquired last year.
Phase one of a patent trial between Microsoft and Motorola Mobility has concluded in Washington state, and the presiding judge will now try to calculate what he thinks is a fair royalty rate for Motorola's patents.
Hewlett-Packard is planning to "aggressively" seek recompense for alleged accounting fraud related to the acquisition of its Autonomy unit, which resulted in the vendor taking a non-cash impairment charge of US$8.8 billion.
Three U.S. agencies and a group of state attorneys general have filed more than 70 civil and criminal cases against defendants offering allegedly bogus business opportunities, with some of the defendants offering to help customers set up online busin...
A U.S. district judge has approved a request for class action in a lawsuit against pizza maker Papa John's International for allegedly sending hundreds of thousands of text spam messages.
Apple and Taiwanese smartphone maker HTC have settled all of their outstanding patent disputes.
IBM has been slapped with a multimillion dollar lawsuit by chemical products manufacturer, Avantor Performance Materials, which alleges that IBM lied about the suitability of a SAP-based software package it sells in order to win Avantor's business.
Apple executive Phil Schiller will have to provide further testimony to lawyers for Samsung Electronics as part of the appeal proceedings related to their big patent infringement case, a California court ordered Thursday.
Apple has offered to pay Google's Motorola Mobility unit up to one dollar per device for a license to its patents covering cellular and Wi-Fi technologies.
Microsoft has been slapped with a patent infringement lawsuit over its use of dynamic "live" tile icons in Windows, including in the newly launched Windows 8 OS for PCs and tablets and in the Windows Phone 8 OS for smartphones.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's CEO explains why his company sued the U.S. government
- Can Oracle buy its way into the cloud?
- Michael Dell talks to EMC World about massive merger
- A judge has partially dismissed Twitter's surveillance case against the US government
- Dell plus EMC has a name: Dell Technologies
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- CCMicrosoft Server EngineerWA
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCCommVault Backp EngineerNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- FTGraduate IT Administration SupportVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 160509/ITA/281Asia
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC
- CCL3 - Network Design and Support EngineerNSW
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW