A Linux kernel developer is suing VMware in Germany, alleging the company has not complied with copyright terms for using open-source software.
E-books must be subject to the full rate of value-added tax (VAT), and European Union countries may not extend tax exemptions for books to include e-books, the EU's highest court ruled Thursday, adding that it considers downloadable e-books to be ser...
Apple is in talks to settle a lawsuit filed by electric-car battery maker A123 Systems, which has charged the iPhone maker with poaching five of its employees to set up a new battery division.
A judge has approved a US$415 million settlement in a Silicon Valley employee hiring case, calling the amount "substantial" to settle claims that Apple, Google, Adobe Systems and Intel conspired not to hire each other's workers.
A federal judge has put the brakes on an investigation of Google in Mississippi, where the movie industry was accused of conspiring with the state's attorney general to revive the failed Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA).
Gaming enthusiasts have been griping for months that Nvidia's GeForce GTX 970 graphics chip doesn't operate up to snuff, and now someone has taken the company to court over it.
Apple has been sued by electric car battery maker A123 Systems for poaching five of its employees to help set up a large scale battery division.
There's now an easier way to discover whether the U.K. intelligence services illegally obtained your information from their U.S. colleagues -- but you'll have to tell a U.K. campaign group as well as the U.K. Government Communications Headquarters yo...
A preliminary sales ban on certain controller chips that SanDisk uses in its high-speed, solid-state ULLtraDIMM drives has been upheld by a U.S. appeals court. The court also ruled, however, that the company can sell existing products in stock that u...
The sharing of mass surveillance data between U.S. and U.K. intelligence services was unlawful before December 2014, but since then it has become legal, a U.K. tribunal has ruled.
A Turkish court has reportedly ordered Facebook to block access to pages that share material insulting the Prophet Muhammad, threatening to block access to the site in the whole country if it does not comply.
U.K. regulators have closed their investigation into Hewlett-Packard's botched acquisition of Autonomy, a British software company that HP has accused of inflating its value and of improper accounting.
It's last call for last-minute flight booking charges in Europe: Websites must show the total price for a flight right from the outset, and not wait till the last screen before booking to display additional charges, the European Union's top court rul...
The Dutch data retention law will have its day in court on Feb. 18, when the District Court of the Hague hears a legal challenge to it filed by a broad coalition of organizations.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)NSW
- FTSenior Project Manager / Program ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTDesktop Delivery Team LeaderVIC
- CCFullstack Developer (AngularJs & Java 8)QLD
- FTNode Developer / ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTLead Enterprise Solution Architect - CloudNSW
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- CCTrigger TechniciansNSW
- TPSAP FICO Functional AnalystQLD
- FTService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCSuperannuation Fund AdministratorVIC
- CCLearning & Development SpecialistACT
- FTChange Manager/ Project ManagerACT
- FTService Desk Consultant - Must have baseline or NV1 clearanceVIC
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperSA
- FTSoftware DeveloperQLD
- FTIndustry Engagement ManagerVIC
- FTSecurity Sales SpecialistVIC
- FTRuby On Rails DeveloperVIC
- FTPerformance TesterWA
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperNSW
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementVIC