A Linux kernel developer is suing VMware in Germany, alleging the company has not complied with copyright terms for using open-source software.
E-books must be subject to the full rate of value-added tax (VAT), and European Union countries may not extend tax exemptions for books to include e-books, the EU's highest court ruled Thursday, adding that it considers downloadable e-books to be ser...
Apple is in talks to settle a lawsuit filed by electric-car battery maker A123 Systems, which has charged the iPhone maker with poaching five of its employees to set up a new battery division.
A judge has approved a US$415 million settlement in a Silicon Valley employee hiring case, calling the amount "substantial" to settle claims that Apple, Google, Adobe Systems and Intel conspired not to hire each other's workers.
A federal judge has put the brakes on an investigation of Google in Mississippi, where the movie industry was accused of conspiring with the state's attorney general to revive the failed Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA).
Gaming enthusiasts have been griping for months that Nvidia's GeForce GTX 970 graphics chip doesn't operate up to snuff, and now someone has taken the company to court over it.
Apple has been sued by electric car battery maker A123 Systems for poaching five of its employees to help set up a large scale battery division.
There's now an easier way to discover whether the U.K. intelligence services illegally obtained your information from their U.S. colleagues -- but you'll have to tell a U.K. campaign group as well as the U.K. Government Communications Headquarters yo...
A preliminary sales ban on certain controller chips that SanDisk uses in its high-speed, solid-state ULLtraDIMM drives has been upheld by a U.S. appeals court. The court also ruled, however, that the company can sell existing products in stock that u...
The sharing of mass surveillance data between U.S. and U.K. intelligence services was unlawful before December 2014, but since then it has become legal, a U.K. tribunal has ruled.
A Turkish court has reportedly ordered Facebook to block access to pages that share material insulting the Prophet Muhammad, threatening to block access to the site in the whole country if it does not comply.
U.K. regulators have closed their investigation into Hewlett-Packard's botched acquisition of Autonomy, a British software company that HP has accused of inflating its value and of improper accounting.
It's last call for last-minute flight booking charges in Europe: Websites must show the total price for a flight right from the outset, and not wait till the last screen before booking to display additional charges, the European Union's top court rul...
The Dutch data retention law will have its day in court on Feb. 18, when the District Court of the Hague hears a legal challenge to it filed by a broad coalition of organizations.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- There's now a tool to test for NSA spyware
- Logitech's G410 mechanical keyboard is $60 today
- Leaked Microsoft document confirms Windows 10 Cloud and a Chromebook competitor
- Phishing attacks using internationalized domains are hard to block
- Users' orders: Make it easier to build hybrid clouds
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTLead DevOps EngineerNSW
- CCSQL Database AdministratorQLD
- CCTelecommunication Business SpecialistTAS
- FTSenior Project Coordinator-Datacentre relocation backgroundNSW
- CCIT Information Architect..VIC
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCProject AdministratorNSW
- CCProcess Specialist - TelcoVIC
- FTTechnical Architect - Network /InfrastructureQLD
- TPRegional Level 2/3 Desktop Support AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Health experience requiredNSW
- FTIT Service Desk Manager - Team LeaderNSW
- FTSenior ICT Project ManagerNSW
- FTPMO CoordinatorACT
- CCOIM-IAM Environment ManagerVIC
- FTPMO CoordinatorSA
- FTSales Lead - Healthcare systemsVIC
- FTProject Manager (Cyber Security) - Permanent - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTTest AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork Architect - SecurityVIC
- FTICT Relationship Manager - Service Delivery EnvironmentNSW
- TPBI AnalystQLD
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCA/V OfficerNSW