Sprint's WiMax network, launched in 2008 as the first commercial 4G system in the U.S., will finally shut down in November 2015.
SoftBank completed its US$21.6 billion acquisition of Sprint Nextel on Wednesday, capping a months-long effort that was complicated by two bidding wars and some national-security objections but is expected to produce a stronger rival to the dominant ...
Clearwire shareholders approved Sprint Nextel's takeover of their company on Monday, ending a saga that had included years of uncertainty and finally a bidding war for the spectrum-rich wireless network operator.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has approved the $21.6 billion acquisition of Sprint by Japanese telecommunications group Softbank, saying it promises to bring consumers faster and more advanced wireless broadband Internet service.
Dish Network has dropped its offer to buy Clearwire, probably clearing the path for a strengthened Sprint Nextel to complete its takeover of the struggling but spectrum-rich mobile operator.
The battle of takeovers among Sprint Nextel, Dish Network, Clearwire and SoftBank has heated up as Clearwire's board recommended shareholders accept Dish's bid instead of Sprint's.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- PTService Desk OperatorSA
- FTTechnical Consultant - ApplicationsSA
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- CCIteration Manager/ Sprint Manager- PenrithNSW
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- CCMaster SchedulerVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- CCTest AnalystACT
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- CCMultiple Java rolesACT
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia