SoftBank completed its US$21.6 billion acquisition of Sprint Nextel on Wednesday, capping a months-long effort that was complicated by two bidding wars and some national-security objections but is expected to produce a stronger rival to the dominant ...
Clearwire shareholders approved Sprint Nextel's takeover of their company on Monday, ending a saga that had included years of uncertainty and finally a bidding war for the spectrum-rich wireless network operator.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has approved the $21.6 billion acquisition of Sprint by Japanese telecommunications group Softbank, saying it promises to bring consumers faster and more advanced wireless broadband Internet service.
Dish Network has dropped its offer to buy Clearwire, probably clearing the path for a strengthened Sprint Nextel to complete its takeover of the struggling but spectrum-rich mobile operator.
Sprint Nextel shareholders have voted overwhelmingly to approve SoftBank's US$21.6 billion takeover bid, setting the stage for the deal to close early next month.
The battle of takeovers among Sprint Nextel, Dish Network, Clearwire and SoftBank has heated up as Clearwire's board recommended shareholders accept Dish's bid instead of Sprint's.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
- 2 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 3 Medion Akoya E4110 (MD 8239) desktop PC
- 4 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 5 Dell Inspiron 11 3000 Series convertible laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Geeks' favorite DeNA interactive streaming platform looks beyond Japan
- The Sims 4 (PC)
- Amazon's new Fire tablets have more features at lower prices
- CoinJar’s bitcoin EFTPOS card to hit the market next week
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.