Sprint's WiMax network, launched in 2008 as the first commercial 4G system in the U.S., will finally shut down in November 2015.
SoftBank completed its US$21.6 billion acquisition of Sprint Nextel on Wednesday, capping a months-long effort that was complicated by two bidding wars and some national-security objections but is expected to produce a stronger rival to the dominant ...
Clearwire shareholders approved Sprint Nextel's takeover of their company on Monday, ending a saga that had included years of uncertainty and finally a bidding war for the spectrum-rich wireless network operator.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has approved the $21.6 billion acquisition of Sprint by Japanese telecommunications group Softbank, saying it promises to bring consumers faster and more advanced wireless broadband Internet service.
Dish Network has dropped its offer to buy Clearwire, probably clearing the path for a strengthened Sprint Nextel to complete its takeover of the struggling but spectrum-rich mobile operator.
The battle of takeovers among Sprint Nextel, Dish Network, Clearwire and SoftBank has heated up as Clearwire's board recommended shareholders accept Dish's bid instead of Sprint's.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro hybrid Ultrabook
- 3 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 4 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 5 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Pressure mounts in Europe for strict net neutrality
- Windows tablets available for under $100
- Use Uber? Snapchat? Google Maps? Now Twitter knows
- Opera pitches all-you-can-eat app stores to mobile operators
- Apple-IBM products in November? Not quite
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC