Sprint's WiMax network, launched in 2008 as the first commercial 4G system in the U.S., will finally shut down in November 2015.
SoftBank completed its US$21.6 billion acquisition of Sprint Nextel on Wednesday, capping a months-long effort that was complicated by two bidding wars and some national-security objections but is expected to produce a stronger rival to the dominant ...
Clearwire shareholders approved Sprint Nextel's takeover of their company on Monday, ending a saga that had included years of uncertainty and finally a bidding war for the spectrum-rich wireless network operator.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has approved the $21.6 billion acquisition of Sprint by Japanese telecommunications group Softbank, saying it promises to bring consumers faster and more advanced wireless broadband Internet service.
Dish Network has dropped its offer to buy Clearwire, probably clearing the path for a strengthened Sprint Nextel to complete its takeover of the struggling but spectrum-rich mobile operator.
The battle of takeovers among Sprint Nextel, Dish Network, Clearwire and SoftBank has heated up as Clearwire's board recommended shareholders accept Dish's bid instead of Sprint's.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 2 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 3 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
- 4 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
- 5 Oppo Find 7 Android smartphone
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Google Nexus 9 pre-sales start at $479
- Acer launches four Chrome devices under $400
- China again blames US for disrupted cybersecurity talks
- The cheapest way to buy an iPad from Apple
- Is your Ethernet fast enough? Four new speeds are in the works
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTSales Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Sales ManagerNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW