Sprint's WiMax network, launched in 2008 as the first commercial 4G system in the U.S., will finally shut down in November 2015.
SoftBank completed its US$21.6 billion acquisition of Sprint Nextel on Wednesday, capping a months-long effort that was complicated by two bidding wars and some national-security objections but is expected to produce a stronger rival to the dominant ...
Clearwire shareholders approved Sprint Nextel's takeover of their company on Monday, ending a saga that had included years of uncertainty and finally a bidding war for the spectrum-rich wireless network operator.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has approved the $21.6 billion acquisition of Sprint by Japanese telecommunications group Softbank, saying it promises to bring consumers faster and more advanced wireless broadband Internet service.
Dish Network has dropped its offer to buy Clearwire, probably clearing the path for a strengthened Sprint Nextel to complete its takeover of the struggling but spectrum-rich mobile operator.
The battle of takeovers among Sprint Nextel, Dish Network, Clearwire and SoftBank has heated up as Clearwire's board recommended shareholders accept Dish's bid instead of Sprint's.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
- An IoT botnet is partly behind Friday's massive DDOS attack
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
- Easy-to-exploit rooting flaw puts Linux computers at risk
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTIntegration Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - HKMAAsia
- CCHead of Digital (Technology Manager - Digital Transformations)NSW
- FTDigital Optimisation and Analytics SpecialistNSW
- CCIT Data AnalystACT
- CCDigital Producer - 3 Month Contract Immediate Start!NSW
- CC.Net Sitecore DeveloperVIC
- FTEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - Canberra roleNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Security) 161018/AP/383Asia
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCApplication Support DeveloperVIC
- FTSr. Insight SpecialistVIC
- CCIteration ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantTAS
- FTBusiness Analyst - PIMAsia
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Oracle/Unix/WebLogic) 161020/SA/693Asia
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - Site MoveNSW