WiMax service provider Clearwire posted record subscriber growth of 1.8 million in the first quarter and said it no longer plans to sell radio spectrum this year to raise money. Nevertheless, it reported another substantial quarterly loss.
Sprint added 1.1 million new wireless subscribers last quarter but the company still lost $439 million over the same period.
WiMax carrier Clearwire has added a low-cost prepaid mobile operator, Locus Telecommunications, to the set of partners that offer services over its high-speed broadband network.
Three top executives of mobile WiMax operator Clearwire are leaving the company, including CEO Bill Morrow, who will be replaced for the time being by Chairman John Stanton.
Clearwire gained 1.5 million subscribers in the fourth quarter of 2010 and more than doubled its revenue, but lost US$128 million, the mobile WiMax operator announced on Thursday.
Mobile carriers including China Mobile, Bharti Airtel and Vodafone have launched a new initiative to promote the 4G (fourth-generation) network technology LTE TDD as a global standard.
Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications has suffered a setback in its lawsuit against Clearwire for alleged trademark infringement concerning the companies' logos, as the judge in the case denied its request for a preliminary injunction.
Have you wondered how your Internet Service Provider stacks up against the competition when it comes to delivering streaming video to your home? It seems Netflix has been wondering, too, so today it launched what will be a monthly feature at its tech...
While Sprint isn't willing to give away its unlimited data plans, the carrier must also make concessions to reality.
Amid intense competition among handset vendors, carriers and software providers in the fast-growing mobile market, a new battle is brewing between two green swirls.
Federal court papers name a former <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/091610-akamai-ipv6.html">Akamai Technologies</a> employee who allegedly revealed insider information to stock traders who were later charged with reaping millions of do...
Verizon Wireless, the nation's largest wireless carrier, Wednesday will disclose details about its plan to launch its faster LTE 4G wireless network in 38 U.S. cities by the end of the year.
Sprint Nextel CEO Dan Hesse downplayed the financial problems of Clearwire on Tuesday, and said Sprint may yet invest more money in the company.
WiMax service provider Clearwire will lay off 15 per cent of its employees and suspend the opening of retail stores and marketing campaigns in some cities as it tries to conserve cash and raise additional capital.
Clearwire is launching its 4G WiMax network in New York, San Francisco and Los Angeles before the end of the year, it said Monday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung will launch new flagship smartphone months after Galaxy S8
- Ransomware attacks are taking a greater toll on victims’ wallets
- How HP reclaimed the title of world's top PC maker from Lenovo
- Companion mobile app exposed Hyundai cars to potential hijacking
- FCC chairman plans to 'reverse the mistake' of net neutrality
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPProduct ManagerVIC
- CCTechnical Consutlant - Entry Level - HPSMQLD
- CCSecurity Specialist - NV1ACT
- FTSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSecurity Analyst/Security ArchitectACT
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- TPProject ServicesACT
- FTPMO CoordinatorACT
- FTReporting DeveloperSA
- FTNetwork Solution Architect - PresalesNSW
- CCSecurity ConsultantVIC
- CCPeoplesoft ConsultantNSW
- FTHR Business Analyst / Performance Management SMENSW
- FTSecurity AnalystACT
- CCSenior Process Specialist - TelcoVIC
- FTService Delivery AnalystNSW
- TPPHP Developer - Immediate startQLD
- TPTechnical Support Officer (Unix/Linux, Windows and Mac)VIC
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCNP/CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW
- FTSenior System EngineerNSW
- FTMobile Studio Lead/ Mobile UX LeadNSW
- FTProject Administrator - Telecommunications InfrastructureNSW
- FTTechnical SpecialistACT
- CCIT SAS Visual Analytics DeveloperVIC