WiMax service provider Clearwire posted record subscriber growth of 1.8 million in the first quarter and said it no longer plans to sell radio spectrum this year to raise money. Nevertheless, it reported another substantial quarterly loss.
Sprint added 1.1 million new wireless subscribers last quarter but the company still lost $439 million over the same period.
WiMax carrier Clearwire has added a low-cost prepaid mobile operator, Locus Telecommunications, to the set of partners that offer services over its high-speed broadband network.
Three top executives of mobile WiMax operator Clearwire are leaving the company, including CEO Bill Morrow, who will be replaced for the time being by Chairman John Stanton.
Clearwire gained 1.5 million subscribers in the fourth quarter of 2010 and more than doubled its revenue, but lost US$128 million, the mobile WiMax operator announced on Thursday.
Mobile carriers including China Mobile, Bharti Airtel and Vodafone have launched a new initiative to promote the 4G (fourth-generation) network technology LTE TDD as a global standard.
Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications has suffered a setback in its lawsuit against Clearwire for alleged trademark infringement concerning the companies' logos, as the judge in the case denied its request for a preliminary injunction.
Have you wondered how your Internet Service Provider stacks up against the competition when it comes to delivering streaming video to your home? It seems Netflix has been wondering, too, so today it launched what will be a monthly feature at its tech...
While Sprint isn't willing to give away its unlimited data plans, the carrier must also make concessions to reality.
Amid intense competition among handset vendors, carriers and software providers in the fast-growing mobile market, a new battle is brewing between two green swirls.
Federal court papers name a former <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/091610-akamai-ipv6.html">Akamai Technologies</a> employee who allegedly revealed insider information to stock traders who were later charged with reaping millions of do...
Verizon Wireless, the nation's largest wireless carrier, Wednesday will disclose details about its plan to launch its faster LTE 4G wireless network in 38 U.S. cities by the end of the year.
Sprint Nextel CEO Dan Hesse downplayed the financial problems of Clearwire on Tuesday, and said Sprint may yet invest more money in the company.
WiMax service provider Clearwire will lay off 15 per cent of its employees and suspend the opening of retail stores and marketing campaigns in some cities as it tries to conserve cash and raise additional capital.
Clearwire is launching its 4G WiMax network in New York, San Francisco and Los Angeles before the end of the year, it said Monday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Qualcomm's new chip may be too late as ARM server market fades
- Democrats unveil bill to probe Russia's role in alleged election hacks
- Halo 5: Forge's multiplayer is now more accessible on PC with a new custom game browser
- Amazon replaces cashiers with AI and computer learning
- Ubisoft's 30th anniversary putters across the finish line with free copies of Assassin's Creed III
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FT2nd Level Desktop Support Analyst l SCCMNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Finance - CBDNSW
- CCFunctional Consultant - Brisbane locationVIC
- TPSenior Change ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Software Engineer/ DeveloperSA
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Project AnalystNSW
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCiOS Developer - 6 Month ContractNSW
- TPProject Coordinator. Business Process Improvement ProgramNSW
- TPSenior Software EngineerQLD
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FTService Lifecycle Management Contract AdministratorVIC
- TPSQL/BI DeveloperNSW
- FTSoftware Sales & BDMNSW
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).ACT
- TPAEM Developer (frontend)NSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerSA
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- FTDevelopment Manager / Engineering Manager - Canberra RoleACT
- CCPSCD/ CRM Business/Financial AnalystsACT
- TPDevelopers and TestersACT