WiMax service provider Clearwire posted record subscriber growth of 1.8 million in the first quarter and said it no longer plans to sell radio spectrum this year to raise money. Nevertheless, it reported another substantial quarterly loss.
Sprint added 1.1 million new wireless subscribers last quarter but the company still lost $439 million over the same period.
WiMax carrier Clearwire has added a low-cost prepaid mobile operator, Locus Telecommunications, to the set of partners that offer services over its high-speed broadband network.
Three top executives of mobile WiMax operator Clearwire are leaving the company, including CEO Bill Morrow, who will be replaced for the time being by Chairman John Stanton.
Clearwire gained 1.5 million subscribers in the fourth quarter of 2010 and more than doubled its revenue, but lost US$128 million, the mobile WiMax operator announced on Thursday.
Mobile carriers including China Mobile, Bharti Airtel and Vodafone have launched a new initiative to promote the 4G (fourth-generation) network technology LTE TDD as a global standard.
Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications has suffered a setback in its lawsuit against Clearwire for alleged trademark infringement concerning the companies' logos, as the judge in the case denied its request for a preliminary injunction.
Have you wondered how your Internet Service Provider stacks up against the competition when it comes to delivering streaming video to your home? It seems Netflix has been wondering, too, so today it launched what will be a monthly feature at its tech...
While Sprint isn't willing to give away its unlimited data plans, the carrier must also make concessions to reality.
Amid intense competition among handset vendors, carriers and software providers in the fast-growing mobile market, a new battle is brewing between two green swirls.
Federal court papers name a former <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/091610-akamai-ipv6.html">Akamai Technologies</a> employee who allegedly revealed insider information to stock traders who were later charged with reaping millions of do...
Verizon Wireless, the nation's largest wireless carrier, Wednesday will disclose details about its plan to launch its faster LTE 4G wireless network in 38 U.S. cities by the end of the year.
Sprint Nextel CEO Dan Hesse downplayed the financial problems of Clearwire on Tuesday, and said Sprint may yet invest more money in the company.
WiMax service provider Clearwire will lay off 15 per cent of its employees and suspend the opening of retail stores and marketing campaigns in some cities as it tries to conserve cash and raise additional capital.
Clearwire is launching its 4G WiMax network in New York, San Francisco and Los Angeles before the end of the year, it said Monday.
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
Surface Pro 4
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo to integrate Amazon Alexa in Moto smartphones
- HMD's new Nokia 3310 turns back the clock -- and turns heads
- How the Virtual Data Room is boosting Mergers and Acquisitions
- Cloud companies are eyeing cell services, Nokia CEO says
- Samsung's disjointed OS strategy poses a hurdle for users
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPSenior Network EngineerWA
- FTTechnical Team Leader | ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Technical Consultant - MicrosoftACT
- FTHead of ApplicationsVIC
- CCCommercial Contract AdministratorACT
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerACT
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)ACT
- FTPerformance TesterACT
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- TPAgile Business AnalystQLD
- CCBPM Technical AnalystVIC
- CCApplication Services Administrator (Linux)NSW
- CCUnix AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior Business Project ManagerNSW
- FTApplications DeveloperACT
- CCUnix AdministratorNSW
- CCDigital Communications ManagerNSW
- TPChange and Communications CoordinatorQLD
- TPDigital Strategist - Newcastle BasedNSW
- CCProject Manager - Telco Networks EngineeringVIC
- FTSupport and Operations Team LeadNSW
- FTFull Stack Web Developer .NET or JAVANSW
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - SQLACT
- CCNetwork ArchitectWA
- TPProject Support OfficerQLD