Rackspace will help enterprises build private clouds using the OpenStack cloud operating system, the company announced Tuesday. Meanwhile, Dell is seeking enterprises and service providers for proof-of-concept OpenStack trials with its Dell PowerEdge...
There are more than a few critics of cloud computing, even at PCWorld; I'm probably one of them. But I've been turning over in my mind different perspectives on the cloud. I've tried to set aside the views of the IT executive, who seems to dominate t...
Yet another survey is indicating that security is a big issue for those intending to take up cloud computing.
Most of us don't like paying for antivirus (AV) software, but at least home users can rely on one of the free options, such as Microsoft Security Essentials, avast!, or AVG Free.
Sir Bob Geldof has launched a campaign for simpler technology, and believes cloud computing will be a key enabler.
When Ben Fried left his post as IT managing director at Morgan Stanley and took over as Google's CIO in May 2008, he knew what he was getting into: supporting a user base full of technology experts and computer industry stars, like co-founders Larry ...
As technology evolves, many of the barriers that have traditionally limited telecommuting continue to disappear.
Motorola announced the Atrix smartphone at the Consumer Electronics Show, and while many have been concentrating on its 4G connectivity and clever desktop dock that lets it run a cut-down Linux desktop on a full-sized monitor, nearly everybody has mi...
It's always a challenge for IT departments to anticipate how corporate technical demands will evolve, especially when IT budgets have been as tight as a drum for two years.
Market research firm IDC makes a number of tech-related predictions near the end of every calendar year, but its prognostications for 2011 may well be among the company's most dramatic yet.
Google on Monday announced that it will introduce versions of Google Docs for tablets running both the Android and Apple iOS4 mobile operating systems.
Companies interested in taking advantage of what cloud computing has to offer, but reluctant to trust sensitive information off-site now have a new alternative with Microsoft's Windows Azure Platform appliance. Microsoft has teamed up with strategic ...
Apple is getting close to launching a cloud-based version of iTunes that supports wireless streaming music and movies and wireless syncing, according to new reports on the effort first reported earlier this year.
The promise of cost savings derived from cloud computing is attractive, but concrete financial returns are not always quickly achieved. Except, perhaps, when it comes to disaster recovery.
If Dell's cloud server lab is a candy shop for geeks, littered with components and exotic system designs, then Jimmy Pike is the Willy Wonka of servers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Dell XPS 13 laptop (early 2015 model)
- 2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ70 compact camera
- 3 HP Stream 8 tablet with Windows 8.1
- 4 Samsung Gear VR virtual reality headset
- 5 Alienware 13 gaming laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Google cracks down on ad-injecting Chrome extensions
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Wednesday, April 1
- SmartThings delays its next-gen smart home products
- Acer to bring Chrome OS to an all-in-one PC, as vendors experiment
- Samsung Galaxy S6, S6 Edge pricing: Vodafone vs Optus vs Telstra vs Virgin
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Ad Operations ManagerQLD
- FTDigital Ad Operations ManagerNSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTMarketing Executive | MusicNSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- FTDigital Producer - ConsumerNSW
- FTDigital Producer - Mobile AppsNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTCRM Campaign ManagerNSW
- FTMedia Sales Executive - Client Side!!NSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTMobile Sales managerNSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTDigital Communications Specialist | Internet Services| BrisbaneNSW
- FTEmail Campaign Manager - leading fashion group!NSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- CCInformation ArchitectNSW
- FTProduct Producer | MobileNSW
- FTAgency Sales Manager - Software Sales - Major Global Tech Company!NSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW