I came across a link to a new report from IDC called the "2010 Digital Universe Study".
During the early days of technological development, IT was traditionally seen as a nice embellishment to any company's operations, providing any firm with the right push in being competitively advantageous against other companies.
Cloud computing. For some, the term is wildly nebulous. Not long ago, even Oracle's Larry Ellison publicly asked what the heck people meant by "the cloud."
A venerable New Year's tradition in the tech world entails trotting out year-old predictions by analyst shops and laughing at their off-base prognostications. But here's a surprise: The two biggest analyst firms still standing -- Gartner and IDC -- d...
Security researchers are warning that Web-based applications are increasing the risk of identity theft or losing personal data more than ever before.
The recent Twitter hack, where a French hacker compromised internal Twitter documents by accessing the account of administrative assistant, among others, was essentially an attack on Google Docs. The reason is that Twitter outsourced their infrastruc...
Cloud computing and flash-based storage, two fast-emerging IT technologies, are driving each other forward as users of Internet-based services like social networks demand near-real-time access to ever-growing amounts of data.
Both Google and Microsoft are making big promises about browser-based environments that allow you to access documents, spreadsheets, calendars, contacts, and more, all in one place online.
Small and medium-sized businesses have more important things to worry about than Microsoft's new Azure, a cloud-resident platform for building applications served to users online.
Signifying a formless haze of computing power and storage that is somewhere "out there," computerdom's current buzzword is as difficult to get one's arms around as a real cloud. A seemingly limitless pool of processors and memory and disk space, and ...
Wherever you turn, someone's ready to tell (or sell) you something related to cloud computing. Cutting through the myths is essential to deciding whether, when, and how the cloud is right for you. Here's our top list of myths; we welcome your suggest...
The definition of cloud computing can be nebulous. Some call it utility computing, some refer to it as software-as-a-service, still others call it grid computing (which was actually its first name, denoted by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology...
Verizon has rolled out its first cloud-computing service aimed at giving enterprise customers a secure way to host applications not only on virtual resources but also on physical, dedicated network servers.
In April of last year, Satoshi Nakajima, founder of Washington-based Big Canvas Inc., was eagerly inviting new customers to subscribe to his company's flagship product, PhotoShare, which lets users swap Apple iPhone photos for free.
Everyone in the IT industry is talking about cloud computing, but there is still confusion about what the cloud is, how it should be used and what problems and challenges it might introduce. This FAQ will answer some of the key questions enterprises ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple hires mobile encryption pioneer amid encryption debate
- Asus ROG teases a massive gaming notebook that outperforms Titan X
- HPE is spinning out its huge services business and merging it with CSC
- Tech woes hamper jury in Oracle case aginst Google
- Cisco's Meraki spreads its cloud to voice
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- FTData EngineersNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperACT
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) AnalystQLD
- CCBPM / Java DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager - HFCVIC
- FTSystems EngineerACT
- CCCloud Service Solution LeadVIC
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- CCData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCSecurity Consultant - Telecommunications and NetworksSA
- FTSoftware DeveloperSA
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- CCFull Stack Developer - AngularNSW
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- CCProject Coordinator-IT Application Software Implementation BckgNSW
- CCDigital Business Analyst (iOS & Android / Web Projects)NSW
- CCTechnology Team Lead / Senior Developer - JavaNSW
- FTImplementation / Deployment Specialist- Web Sphere, ESB, IIBNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTPeopleSoft Finance Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer, Renewable ContractAsia
- FTManaging Security ConsultantQLD
- FTRelease Planning LeadVIC
- CCRelease Manager, SAPNSW