Oracle's database will be available in the second quarter as part of Amazon Web Services' Relational Database Service, the companies announced Tuesday.
Cambridge Technology Partners rode high on the client-server wave in the 1990s, and now its founders are planning to bring their magic to cloud computing with a new firm called Cloud Technology Partners.
Google rolled out a handful of improvements to Google Docs on Monday that make it an even more compelling business tool.
Joining Microsoft, Oracle, Google and others, IBM plans to offer a cloud-based office suite, the company announced on Monday.
Microsoft will give cloud customers a minimum of 12 months' notice before discontinuing online services, or making any "disruptive" changes or upgrades, in an effort to standardize the support life cycle for cloud-based software.
While using cloud-based applications solves some problems for IT administrators, it also creates new ones, including how to handle user identity management.
Demandbase unveiled on Wednesday a capability to integrate CRM with Web sites, with the intention to improve the user experience for target accounts by personalizing Web content.
Amazon's cloud is adding a service for sending bulk e-mail, saying it will eliminate the burden of "building large-scale e-mail solutions to send marketing and transactional messages."
Juniper posted fourth-quarter revenue well beyond Wall Street expectations.
Security start-up CloudPassage is offering two free services to protect cloud-based virtual servers by maintaining firewall policies and also checking for software vulnerabilities.
Cisco Systems today unveiled a cloud storage feature for its series of entry-level desktop NSS 300 Series Smart Storage storage arrays.
Amazon has added CloudWatch to the list of services that are integrated with its AWS (Amazon Web Services) Management Console, allowing IT staff to create alarms and troubleshoot from a browser.
IBM and the China-based Range Technology will build a cloud computing data center near Beijing that the companies claim will be Asia's largest by floor space.
Google is debuting on Tuesday a special category for education-related software in its Apps Marketplace, prompted by what it considers the success of its Apps for Education collaboration and communication suite.
Oracle is hoping to make new inroads against the likes of Microsoft SharePoint with WebCenter Suite 11g, which was announced Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- 3 ways to improve your sales this Mother’s Day
- Businesses can now buy apps in bulk from the Windows Store
- Apple partners with SAP in new enterprise push
- Newer Wi-Fi's faster, but it needs a fast wire behind it
- Samsung's Raspberry Pi-like Artik 10 priced higher at $149.99
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- CCIBM Sterling Developer + IBM Sterling Team LeaderNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Middleware Lead Shared Services (Support and EngineeringVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- CCSystem AnalystNSW
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCBusiness Systems Analyst - eCommerce PaymentsVIC
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCICT Transformation Project Manager- University, Education bckgNSW
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Java Analyst / AdministratorACT