Dell has released two servers for the U.S. market that have been customized to run Ubuntu-based cloud services, the company announced Wednesday.
Yahoo is discontinuing its distribution of the Hadoop platform and will instead focus on Apache Hadoop, the Hadoop Team at Yahoo said this week.
Oracle's database will be available in the second quarter as part of Amazon Web Services' Relational Database Service, the companies announced Tuesday.
Cambridge Technology Partners rode high on the client-server wave in the 1990s, and now its founders are planning to bring their magic to cloud computing with a new firm called Cloud Technology Partners.
Google rolled out a handful of improvements to Google Docs on Monday that make it an even more compelling business tool.
Joining Microsoft, Oracle, Google and others, IBM plans to offer a cloud-based office suite, the company announced on Monday.
Microsoft will give cloud customers a minimum of 12 months' notice before discontinuing online services, or making any "disruptive" changes or upgrades, in an effort to standardize the support life cycle for cloud-based software.
While using cloud-based applications solves some problems for IT administrators, it also creates new ones, including how to handle user identity management.
Demandbase unveiled on Wednesday a capability to integrate CRM with Web sites, with the intention to improve the user experience for target accounts by personalizing Web content.
Amazon's cloud is adding a service for sending bulk e-mail, saying it will eliminate the burden of "building large-scale e-mail solutions to send marketing and transactional messages."
Juniper posted fourth-quarter revenue well beyond Wall Street expectations.
Security start-up CloudPassage is offering two free services to protect cloud-based virtual servers by maintaining firewall policies and also checking for software vulnerabilities.
Cisco Systems today unveiled a cloud storage feature for its series of entry-level desktop NSS 300 Series Smart Storage storage arrays.
Amazon has added CloudWatch to the list of services that are integrated with its AWS (Amazon Web Services) Management Console, allowing IT staff to create alarms and troubleshoot from a browser.
IBM and the China-based Range Technology will build a cloud computing data center near Beijing that the companies claim will be Asia's largest by floor space.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Uber, Alphabet autonomous car rivalry heats up
- Privacy groups complain to FTC about WhatsApp policy changes
- The Top 6 TVs in 2016
- New Surface Pro 3 firmware update should solve battery woes
- Hackers had a chance to hamper voting by deleting records
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCETL DeveloperACT
- FTDigital Product Owner | Advertising Technology | SearchNSW
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Data MigrationVIC
- CCSystem Analyst - NetIQNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer/Snr. Analyst Programmer 20160817/vedAsia
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/PHP) 160819/P/733Asia
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/SA/812Asia
- CCDesktop Support Level 1 /2VIC
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Security Specialist - McAfeeVIC
- CCStorage / Server EngineerNSW
- FTTM1 Solution DesignerNSW
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- CCData AnalystACT
- CCFull stack Java Developer- NoSQL database, Amazon AWS productsNSW
- CCFinance Analyst (Junior)VIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/MySQL) 160823/AP/172Asia
- CCQuality AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Cyber Security TransformationNSW