The IT mantra for the past few years has been all about the cloud, and the myriad benefits of cloud-based servers and storage. While there are some advantages, there are also some serious drawbacks that you should consider carefully before entrusting...
Dell has released two servers for the U.S. market that have been customized to run Ubuntu-based cloud services, the company announced Wednesday.
Yahoo is discontinuing its distribution of the Hadoop platform and will instead focus on Apache Hadoop, the Hadoop Team at Yahoo said this week.
Oracle's database will be available in the second quarter as part of Amazon Web Services' Relational Database Service, the companies announced Tuesday.
Cambridge Technology Partners rode high on the client-server wave in the 1990s, and now its founders are planning to bring their magic to cloud computing with a new firm called Cloud Technology Partners.
Google rolled out a handful of improvements to Google Docs on Monday that make it an even more compelling business tool.
Joining Microsoft, Oracle, Google and others, IBM plans to offer a cloud-based office suite, the company announced on Monday.
Microsoft will give cloud customers a minimum of 12 months' notice before discontinuing online services, or making any "disruptive" changes or upgrades, in an effort to standardize the support life cycle for cloud-based software.
While using cloud-based applications solves some problems for IT administrators, it also creates new ones, including how to handle user identity management.
Demandbase unveiled on Wednesday a capability to integrate CRM with Web sites, with the intention to improve the user experience for target accounts by personalizing Web content.
Amazon's cloud is adding a service for sending bulk e-mail, saying it will eliminate the burden of "building large-scale e-mail solutions to send marketing and transactional messages."
Juniper posted fourth-quarter revenue well beyond Wall Street expectations.
Security start-up CloudPassage is offering two free services to protect cloud-based virtual servers by maintaining firewall policies and also checking for software vulnerabilities.
Cisco Systems today unveiled a cloud storage feature for its series of entry-level desktop NSS 300 Series Smart Storage storage arrays.
Amazon has added CloudWatch to the list of services that are integrated with its AWS (Amazon Web Services) Management Console, allowing IT staff to create alarms and troubleshoot from a browser.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple offers views on automated car policy, but cagey about its plans
- Watch Dogs 2 review: A fresh, interesting rebirth that ditches the stale Ubisoft formula
- How to shoot a drone out of the sky
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTAnalyst Programmer Investment BankingVIC
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)ACT
- FTSAP Finance Consultant (Consolidations)ACT
- FTTraffic / Production ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork Support EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst / Solutions Design - LogisticsNSW
- CCChange or Project Manager- Electrical Network EngineeringNSW
- FTSenior Project Analyst, PMO, WealthNSW
- CCTest Manager - Data Warehouse experienceACT
- CCMainframe Project ManagerVIC
- FTTSM SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical lead (Informatica MDM)QLD
- CCNetwork Solution Designer/Architect - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCEmail Production SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Network Engineer JUNIPERNSW
- TPPHP Programmer - SeniorQLD
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- CCWeb Designer or Visual Interactional DesignerNSW
- CCIteration Manager - DigitalNSW
- CCWintel Server SupportACT
- FTCustomer Support/Helpdesk Support SpecialistQLD
- FTSoftware Sales & BDMNSW
- CCActive Directory EngineerNSW
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW