Oracle took another step forward in its efforts to bolster its cloud offerings Monday with the launch of two new products designed to help companies conduct their entire order-fulfillment processes in the cloud.
The Uptime Institute is updating the way it certifies data centers in a move to help ensure that cloud computing customers get the level of service they think they're paying for.
It's no secret that security has been a tripping point for enterprises considering cloud storage, but OwnCloud on Tuesday took a fresh step toward alleviating such concerns with the addition of a new encryption framework.
In another sign of the movement of more and more data into Cloud services, global first-quarter sales of Cloud-related hardware rose 25.1 per cent year-on-year, to nearly $US6.3 billion, according to an IDC survey.
Workloads moved to the cloud must be managed properly, so Microsoft has released new tools to help system administrators bridge their in-house data centers with Azure services.
Continuing its effort to catch up in the cloud, Oracle has unveiled a new software-as-a-service product aimed at e-commerce providers.
Google has partnered with Broad Institute to offer the biomedical research organization's DNA analysis software as a service on the tech company's Cloud Platform.
CareerBuilder has long been known primarily for its namesake jobs-listing site, but on Wednesday the company launched a new recruitment platform that's aimed squarely at enterprise HR departments.
IBM and online storage firm Box have formed a wide-ranging cloud technologies partnership that will allow Box users to apply Watson Analytics know-how to their content while IBM customers can use Box's content collaboration platform.
Organizations wishing to explore the use of Docker containers can now tap into commercial support, as well as some new software, to help them manage the new technology.
Oracle has finally arrived in full form at the Cloud party, and it's clearly hoping to make up for lost time.
Oracle has launched a number of new Cloud services that the company claims will provide enterprises with all the tools they need to run their operations in the cloud.
Potentially giving smaller law enforcement agencies a hand in fighting crime, IBM has migrated its CopLink search service to the cloud, minimizing the amount of work needed to hook into the North American crime-fighting database.
In another sign that Japan loves cute robots, SoftBank's Pepper is proving to be a hit with its consumer launch.
It can't cook or clean or do laundry, but SoftBank's Pepper could become the first breakout humanoid consumer robot and the vanguard of an era of mechanized, cloud-connected assistants.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSolution Designer - MulesoftVIC
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - LMSNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerQLD
- FTPortal Project ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork Support EngineerNSW
- CCAccount Executive - SMEVIC
- FTProduct Manager - TV and MediaVIC
- FTDesktop Support Team LeaderQLD
- FTPractice AdvisorVIC
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager / Business Analyst - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCProduct OwnerNSW
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- FTInfrastructure AnalystQLD
- TPBI DeveloperSA
- FTSystem EngineerNSW
- CCSAP Hana and UI5 ConsultantsACT
- CCSecurity Architect Finance Contract Sydney CBDNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager - Process Transformation / AutomationVIC
- CCSolution Designer and DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Reporting Data Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW