Rumors of a potential Salesforce acquisition have been flying for over a week now, including the recent suggestion that Microsoft was a likely contender. According to a new report, however, it now looks like that's not the case.
Amazon Web Services has expanded to data centers in Australia and Europe the availability of its CodeDeploy service for automating software updates.
When it comes to storage, Facebook is learning to do more with less.
Targeting the 25 billion or so devices expected to be connected to the Internet by 2020, SAP has announced a new suite of Cloud services designed specifically for the so-called Internet of Things.
Building on the launch of the fourth generation of its enterprise software suite earlier this year, SAP on Wednesday unveiled the cloud version of S/4Hana.
Microsoft has announced Azure networking improvements that will give IT staff more flexibility, and in the process help convince them to move more applications to the cloud.
EMC's VCE division wants to take the engineered systems approach it's honed with its Vblocks into next-generation mobile and cloud applications.
Two new IT management products from Microsoft continue the company's push to help customers move their operations to the cloud.
Oracle will probably come out ahead if one of its rivals buys Salesforce.com, because it would turn Oracle's superior focus into an even greater advantage, according to Co-CEO Safra Catz.
Amazon has acquired ClusterK, a developer of software that helps companies run mission-critical applications on spare cloud compute capacity sold by Amazon Web Services.
Microsoft will soon offer three additional ways for enterprises to store data on Azure, making the cloud computing platform more supportive of big data analysis.
Less than a week after reporting that Microsoft's enterprise Cloud business is currently on an annual run rate of $US6.3 billion, CEO Satya Nadella says the company's goal is to increase that figure to $US20 billion by fiscal year 2018.
While marketers want to engage customers in a unified way, disconnected systems often make that difficult. Adobe and Microsoft aim to tackle that problem by integrating Adobe's Marketing Cloud with Dynamics CRM.
Microsoft has upgraded an IT management portal it's developing for Azure that's intended to calm the nerves of IT pros wary about moving on premises applications to the vendor's cloud.
Hitachi Data Systems is aiming its big-data expertise at health care and enterprise IT departments with specialized products for combining types of information.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
- Easy-to-exploit rooting flaw puts Linux computers at risk
- Intel asserts its trademark rights against John McAfee
- Big data: The obstacles we’re seeing and how to overcome them
- Privacy groups target kids advertising disguised as YouTube content
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSr. Insight SpecialistVIC
- FTLevel 2 Application SupportVIC
- FTOperational Integrity ManagerNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-Month Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCIT Manager - ANZNSW
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - Canberra roleNSW
- CCChange Manager - Telco projectsNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - Site MoveNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (CISCO/IT Security) 161028/AP/142Asia
- FTSenior Consultant Commercial PricingVIC
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- FTAX Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- FTJava Script, Frontend Developer- DynamoDB or MongoDBNSW
- FTRelease CoordinatorACT
- CCWeb Analytics AnalystNSW
- FTMobile Delivery Manager / Studio LeadNSW
- CCSnr Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager (Marketing Automation)NSW
- CCQlikview DeveloperNSW
- FTProgram SchedulerNSW
- CCSAP FunctionalistACT
- CCSenior Java Developer-Java SE 8, HTTP APIs, Protocol BuffersNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - PIMAsia