Microsoft and VMware are the enemies of interoperability, and only open source software can prevent cloud lock-in.
The Amazon Web Services Management Console can now handle Identity and Access Management (IAM) features offered in its cloud, the company said on Tuesday.
In its ongoing effort to automate the management of private and public clouds, VMware has integrated Microsoft's Active Directory with its vCenter Orchestrator tool, the company <a href="http://blogs.vmware.com/orchestrator/2011/05/vcenter-orchestrat...
Despite concerns that Oracle would be unfriendly to open source projects acquired through the merger with Sun, former MySQL CEO Marten Mickos says the MySQL code base is in fantastic condition.
Brocade today unveiled its plan for migrating customers to distributed, virtualized, Cloud-based data centers, along with products supporting that plan.
For a company that's known as the dominant player in the cloud market, Amazon's troubles on Thursday means a black eye for the company and for the cloud in general.
Acronis, best known for its imaging software, today released the latest version of its backup and recovery software, which combines file and bare metal backup and restoration.
References to what may be a code name for Apple's rumored iCloud service are reported found in the latest developer preview of Mac OS X Lion by the French blog Consomac.
You can do anything for 30 days, right? I mean, it's only one month. How hard can it be? Well, I'm going to find out because today is the day I start my new project: "30 Days With..."
Most cloud applications have development (or at least scripting) capabilities that allow for deep customization plus some level of database access and computational capabilities. But even the best of the cloud applications must put in limiters for th...
VMware's attempt to recover from an outage in its brand-new cloud computing service inadvertently caused a second outage the next day, the company said.
Amazon has posted an essay-length explanation of the cloud outage that took offline some of the Web's most popular services last week. In summary, it appears that human error during an system upgrade meant a redundant backup network for the Elastic B...
Apple has purchased the domain "icloud.com," which it will use as the name of its new online music and storage locker service, several reports have claimed.
Amazon has released a detailed postmortem and mea culpa about the partial outage of its cloud services platform last week and identified the culprit: A configuration error made during a network upgrade.
The Amazon cloud services outage that knocked out several popular Websites last week raised questions about the reliability of the cloud, but the general consensus is that it works if you plan for failure. Like any good business plan, a good cloud pl...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's smartphone share hit by Note7 debacle, stiff competition
- Oracle takes Java copyright dispute with Google to appeals court
- Samsung sales, profits dive on Note 7 recall
- Hands-on: Microsoft's Surface Studio is a Windows PC for the Mac crowd
- Renewable energy represented more than half of all new power capacity in '15
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCInterface AnalystSA
- CCWeb Content EditorQLD
- CCService Analyst (12-month contract)Asia
- CCNetApp ConsultantWA
- TPSenior Full Stack .NET Developer - AngularJSNSW
- FTApplication Programmer - Software - HealthVIC
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- FTNetwork and Security Engineer - Checkpoint, Firewalls, VPNNSW
- CCPentaho BI DeveloperQLD
- CCSharePoint / Office365 DeveloperWA
- CCUnix Project LeadNSW
- FTMultiple Permanent Project Manager rolesACT
- CCInformatica LeadNSW
- FTProfessional Learning Facilitator - Information ManagementVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161114/ITA/411Asia
- FTTechnical Services EngineerNSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperWA
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- CCSystems Engineer - NetApp, Exchange, ADNSW
- CCSolutions Architect (Power of Choice)QLD
- CCContract Systems Analyst (SQL/Web) 161027/SA/842Asia
- FTQA - Business Development Lead (IT)Asia
- FTSenior UX DesignerAsia
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT