Two and a half years ago I wrote about the economic difficulties facing the modern small-business owner, and, well, it looks like nothing has changed since then. Times are still tough, money is tight, and starting your own new business takes an iron ...
Coty is growing.
For CIOs who distrust most technological promises (having heard too many of them), cloud computing sets off alarm bells. Yet those CIOs finding success in the cloud say their colleagues should be equally skeptical of IT managers who claim they can de...
James Johnson, an IT veteran with 25 years' experience running Wall Street technology operations, walked into Lehman Brothers' packing-box-strewn office high in the Time-Life building in Rockefeller Center. It was November 2008. Johnson had just been...
I'm guessing many of you are asking if cloud computing isn't just a new name for ASPs, software as a service, outsourcing or, for us older guys, timesharing. While the cloud certainly shares principles with all of them, something more significant is ...
Last week we reported that HPC company Cycle Computing built a 10,000-core cluster on the Amazon EC2 cloud service. Cycle CEO Jason Stowe boasted that the cluster was big enough to make the list of the world's Top 500 supercomputers -- if only it had...
1. It’s insecure.
The fundamental security of the Dropbox cloud storage service has been called into question by a researcher.
The former chief architect of NASA's Nebula cloud computing platform has founded a new company that will use the OpenStack project to bring cloud capabilities to enterprise customers.
IBM is taking the pay-as-you-go pricing model of cloud services and applying it to some of its software products for cloud service providers.
<a href="http://blogs.technet.com/b/microsoft_on_the_issues/archive/2011/04/11/google-s-misleading-security-claims-to-the-government-raise-serious-questions.aspx">In a scathing blog post</a>, one of Microsoft's top lawyers alleged that Google has bee...
Microsoft is moving its Dynamics ERP (enterprise resource planning) applications to its Azure cloud platform, the company announced Monday at the Convergence conference in Atlanta. The belated move represents a major change for the way Microsoft sell...
After only two years, Iron Mountain is planning to close its public cloud storage services , having already stopped accepting new customers as of April 1, according to market research firm Gartner.
As the market for cloud services grows, the big enterprise IT vendors are moving swiftly to develop cloud offerings that cater to their respective markets.
Dramatic expense cuts and a narrowed focus on five networking technologies, including video, are coming to Cisco Systems as part of a massive planned turnaround, Cisco CEO John Chambers told financial analysts Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- FCC chairman to announce plans to repeal net neutrality
- Webroot deletes Windows files and causes serious problems for users
- Windows 10 Mobile Creators Update review: The future is increasingly uncertain
- Finsix Dart-C charger review: Tiny, powerful, and worth the expense
- Oracle plans ‘startup organization’ focused on cloud computing, AI and VR
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTTIBCO Support Analyst - PERM DESKVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager - Infrastructure / LogisticsNSW
- CCIT SAS Visual Analytics DeveloperVIC
- TPProject Manager | HealthQLD
- TPProgram Manager - 12 month contractQLD
- FTSoftware Engineer - Build/Image MaintenanceACT
- TPSystems EngineerQLD
- TPSenior Project Manager | DETQLD
- FTEngineer Control Systems SpecialistSA
- FTSenior Capacity Planner | Contract through till DecemberVIC
- TP.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTPMO And Governance ManagerNSW
- TPTesting SpecialistQLD
- FTIT Security RolesACT
- CCTest Analyst - Oracle CC&BVIC
- CCCitrix SpecialistNSW
- FTService ManagerNSW
- CCMaster Data Analyst - SAPNSW
- CCBusiness Analysts - Benefits RealisationACT
- PTProject ManagerNSW
- FTCitrix Engineer/Designer - AWS experience essentialNSW
- FTFull Stack Developer - Symfony 2QLD
- FTSenior Security SpecialistNSW
- FT.Net Developer - work on cutting edge BAU projectsVIC
- FTContracts ManagerNSW