Hewlett-Packard Co. and the Cloud Security Alliance list seven deadly sins you ought to be aware of before putting applications in the cloud. Have you or your provider committed these sins?
cloud security in pictures
Trusting the cloud to handle sensitive transactions and security services isn't for every enterprise, but organisations from banks to app developers are starting to give it a try.
Companies that deploy software-as-a-service often don't know everything about the security provisions their SaaS providers and partners have in place. Experts say it's because they don't know what to ask, they don't know what to test and they no long...
Outages with large public cloud providers aren't more common than they are with a business' own private infrastructure.
More enterprises will shift data into the Cloud as the service becomes more secure and physical data continues to be compromised, according to Google Apps US director of security, Eran Feigenbaum.
The Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) has launched a revision of the Cloud Controls Matrix (CCM). The new matrix (version 1.1), available for free download, is designed to provide fundamental security principles to guide cloud vendors and help prospectiv...
RSA President Art Coviello's thoughts on cloud security.
Whitepapers about cloud security
The proposed amendments to the Privacy Act, due to come into effect in 2014, reinforce both the importance and significance of upholding data security. Data protection has long been a priority for many businesses, but the rise in technology trends only create challenges in security protection. This research looks at how businesses are more likely to encounter breaches due to lack or awareness from employees rather than from malicious intent.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTInfrastructure/Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- CCSAP Business Analyst - FinanceNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- CCSystems Monitoring Specialist - Foglight focusNSW
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- CCProgram CoordinatorNSW
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- CCSystem Engineer (DevOps)WA
- CCLevel 1 & 2 Helpdesk (Need SAP, ERP system experience)NSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- FTTechnical Support - ImplementationsVIC
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, LifeNSW
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC