Hewlett-Packard Co. and the Cloud Security Alliance list seven deadly sins you ought to be aware of before putting applications in the cloud. Have you or your provider committed these sins?
cloud security in pictures
Trusting the cloud to handle sensitive transactions and security services isn't for every enterprise, but organisations from banks to app developers are starting to give it a try.
Companies that deploy software-as-a-service often don't know everything about the security provisions their SaaS providers and partners have in place. Experts say it's because they don't know what to ask, they don't know what to test and they no long...
Outages with large public cloud providers aren't more common than they are with a business' own private infrastructure.
More enterprises will shift data into the Cloud as the service becomes more secure and physical data continues to be compromised, according to Google Apps US director of security, Eran Feigenbaum.
The Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) has launched a revision of the Cloud Controls Matrix (CCM). The new matrix (version 1.1), available for free download, is designed to provide fundamental security principles to guide cloud vendors and help prospectiv...
RSA President Art Coviello's thoughts on cloud security.
Whitepapers about cloud security
The proposed amendments to the Privacy Act, due to come into effect in 2014, reinforce both the importance and significance of upholding data security. Data protection has long been a priority for many businesses, but the rise in technology trends only create challenges in security protection. This research looks at how businesses are more likely to encounter breaches due to lack or awareness from employees rather than from malicious intent.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- After warehouse staff, Amazon to replace store clerks with robots
- Chrome bug triggered errors on websites using Symantec SSL certificates
- OpenAI releases Universe, a platform for training AIs to play games, use apps
- Apple offers views on automated car policy, but cagey about its plans
- Watch Dogs 2 review: A fresh, interesting rebirth that ditches the stale Ubisoft formula
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCWeb Analytics Specialist | 6 month contractNSW
- FTICT Business Liaison ManagerSA
- CCSAP HR & Payroll Project ManagerACT
- CCLead Systems EngineerNSW
- FTProject Finance Analyst (Contract)NSW
- TPBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- CCAgile Iteration ManagerNSW
- FTWinforms Developer - European Integration ProgramNSW
- CCIT Specialist - Application Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer)ACT
- FTBusiness Analyst (Payment Systems Project)QLD
- FTSenior Financial Planner - BallaratVIC
- TPSenior Software EngineerQLD
- CCProject Engineer (Microwave)NSW
- FTLead Front End DeveloperVIC
- CCWeb Designer or Visual Interactional DesignerVIC
- CCProject Coordinator / Specialist / Analyst - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCWeb Optimisation AnalystWA
- FTJAVA Developer- XML, SOAP, GIS, Web services, SPRINGVIC
- CCLearning & Development SpecialistNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - HRISQLD
- CCSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- TPLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerQLD
- FTSecurity Sales SpecialistVIC