Google has answered Microsoft's boost of cloud storage space by announcing it would give Google Apps for Business customers an unlimited amount of storage for an additional $5 a month per user.
The cloud is great if you want the convenience of accessing your files everywhere.
Eugene Bartley wanted to know if his files would eventually disappear from a cloud-based backup service.
Cloud storage seems like such a no-brainer for backups and disaster recovery, it's a wonder that more businesses aren't taking advantage of it. If you're concerned about cloud outages, cloud storage costs, data loss, data security, or the ability to ...
Optus today launched a cloud service called Smart Safe that allows customers to back up and store content from a compatible mobile phone or PC onto its cloud storage infrastructure.
Tablet computing is a decade-old technology, but one that lay buried since users rejected Microsoft's "heavy OS" approach a while back. A year ago, Apple's iPad resurrected the tablet computing concept, delivering a lightweight sheet of computational...
The European Union is giving €15.7 million (US$21.4 million) for a research project that will explore new technologies around cloud computing, including data mobility and secure access control.
Hitachi Data Systems is preparing to offer cloud storage that even cloud-averse enterprises might accept: It resides in the customer's own data center.
Users should get more involved in helping develop cloud standards said the chairman of the Storage Network Industry Association (SNIA) in Europe. But Bob Plumridge said that the organisation was aware of the logistical problems facing users and said ...
A new cloud storage company is launching with software designed to ease deployments with platforms such as Amazon's Simple Storage Service and EMC's Atmos Online.
NetSuite has integrated its on-demand ERP (enterprise resource planning) software with Amazon Web Services' Simple Storage Service (S3), the company announced Wednesday in conjunction with its annual partner and developer conference in San Francisco.
The data center of the future will be a set of commodities, speakers and attendees of Storage Networking World said at the conference on Tuesday.
The Storage Networking Industry Association has finished a standard that should make it easier for enterprises to move data among public and private storage clouds.
Verizon Business and IBM are now offering a joint service aimed at helping large businesses safely store large chunks of data within the Verizon cloud.
New forms of off-line client-side storage, such as those specified by the emerging HTML 5 set of standards, could open entirely new kinds of attacks to Web application users, said Michael Sutton, vice president of security research for cloud security...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- The legal mumbo jumbo on popular mobile apps can take over 24 hours to read
- Need more analytics speed? Cray wants to light a fire under your big data
- Tips and apps to improve your sales
- Why technology is so scary for three-quarters of Aussie businesses
- Synology DS216+ Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCTechnical Specialist - IP Network Design - Juniper MXNSW
- CCSenior Network Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCLinux AdministratorVIC
- FTSharepoint Developer - O365NSW
- CCTechnical WriterNSW
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA
- CCTechnical Service LeadNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCSr. Windows Server Administrator- Financial Institution BckgNSW
- CCSecurity Administrative Support OfficerACT
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperACT
- CCDigital Business Analyst (iOS & Android / Web Projects)NSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/Orcale/MySQL) 160531/SA/253Asia
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 1610524/CCO/vmtAsia
- CCContract Programmer (HTML/JAVA/SQL) 160525/P/013Asia
- CCRelease Manager, SAPNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst (Sharepoint, CRM, MS Dynamics)ACT
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- FTManaging Security ConsultantQLD
- CCSystem Engineer - Server Migration experienceNSW