It’s no secret that cloud adoption is growing, with the cloud quickly becoming the home for more and more data and analytics solutions.
Fear of the cloud in today’s security landscape is largely misplaced.
What you need to know about HP Inc. - one half of the new-look tech giant.
Setting up IP cameras around the home can sometimes be a chore, especially if you're not all that good at networking. However, D-Link's range of Cloud cameras and routers aims to make the set-up of these devices as easy as plugging them in.
As more organisations leverage the Cloud for critical business applications, they are discovering one of the greatest challenges is combining existing internal controls with cloud protection efforts.
Users and security consultants familiar with the process of securing hybrid clouds have one steady piece of advice to offer: the only way to go is one step at a time.
Securing a hybrid cloud is not the same thing as deploying hybrid security products.
A few years ago businesspeople carried a laptop on the road, used a desktop PC in the office, and worked on another PC at home. Maybe they had a BlackBerry, too--but only if they were real big shots.
Yet another survey is indicating that security is a big issue for those intending to take up cloud computing.
Most of us don't like paying for antivirus (AV) software, but at least home users can rely on one of the free options, such as Microsoft Security Essentials, avast!, or AVG Free.
Motorola announced the Atrix smartphone at the Consumer Electronics Show, and while many have been concentrating on its 4G connectivity and clever desktop dock that lets it run a cut-down Linux desktop on a full-sized monitor, nearly everybody has mi...
Google on Monday announced that it will introduce versions of Google Docs for tablets running both the Android and Apple iOS4 mobile operating systems.
Although some like to say "antivirus is dead" because of the explosion in malware that makes signature-based desktop protection harder than ever, start-up Immunet wants to bring new life to antivirus scanning through cloud computing.
Verizon has rolled out its first cloud-computing service aimed at giving enterprise customers a secure way to host applications not only on virtual resources but also on physical, dedicated network servers.
Amazon's S3 cloud storage service has a new option, called AWS Import/Export, for quickly uploading large amounts of information to its data centers. It uses a well-developed, multimodal content delivery network that can transmit terabytes of data fa...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- 65 million Tumblr account records are up for sale on the underground market
- Overclockers have pushed Intel's new Broadwell chip to 5.7GHz
- 10 things you need to know about Intel's crazy 10-core Broadwell-E CPU
- Ballistix demonstrates first NVMe drive performance at Computex
- Computex: SSD makers who don't make U.2 SSDs say U.2 is 'dead on arrival' but motherboard maker shows otherwise
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCExcel DeveloperVIC
- CCInfrastructure and Cloud Project ManagerVIC
- FTData EngineersNSW
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer (IBM/Oracle/SQL) 160524/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCProject Manager NetworksNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst, SuperannuationNSW
- CCSenior Sharepoint DeveloperACT
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, ReportingNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - NV2ACT
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCSenior Oracle Systems SpecialistNSW
- FTSOE Operations SpecialistACT
- CCSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCProjects Resource/ Workforce ManagerVIC
- CC12 months + 2x12 months | $80/hr | NV1 Project Manager | Large govt departmentACT
- FTTechnical Team Lead - .Net / SharePointACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/.Net) 160523/AP/254Asia
- CCHR Systems Support OfficerACT
- CCIT Program ManagerACT
- CCData Engineer | Real Time StreamingNSW
- CCRelease Manager, InfrastructureNSW
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW