One in two Australian Internet users in Australia use Dropbox. Worldwide, more than 1.2 billion files are saved to the cloud storage service every 24 hours. And until recently, all those files were sitting in Amazon Web Services’ public cloud.
Three vendors, including Microsoft and Amazon Web Services, have won a key U.S. government authorization that will allow federal agencies to put highly sensitive data on the cloud-computing services.
Hybrid will be the most common use of the Cloud.
After Sydney suffered from extreme weather conditions on June 5, Amazon Web Services partners worked through the night with clients to resolve issues that arose after the Cloud provider endured a power-related outage.
An outage of a swathe of Amazon's cloud services in its Sydney region hit Australian businesses today.
Cloud vendor purchases capacity in the Hawaiki Submarine Cable, in a move designed to speed performance and reduce latency for cloud customers.
The ability to host Azure infrastructure on premise in a hybrid role is a key differentiator
Telstra recently hosted a Cloud-based hackathon at the Gurrowa Innovation Labs in Melbourne, where inventors, innovators, and entrepreneurs from Melbourne’s tertiary institutions and the local IT community participated in the 48-hour competition.
At what will probably be the last EMC World in Las Vegas ahead of the company and its 'federation' of subsidiaries being absorbed into the Dell empire, suitor Michael Dell today laid out his vision of radically changed IT industry.
How Microsoft is building on widespread approval of Windows 10 to entice developers to develop on its platform.
“By 2020, Gartner predicts that over half of all IoT implementations will use some form of cloud-based security service.”
Outlook Premium could hit a sweet spot for users who want personalized email addresses without a full-blown Office 365 subscription.
Is Australia becoming less prepared to develop and make use of global Cloud services?
The past two weeks have been a bonanza of cloud conferences and they provide useful insight into the ongoing IaaS cloud wars between Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform. Despite a flurry of announcements, the consensus is t...
Telstra consumer mobile or fixed broadband customers can redeem a 200GB Microsoft OneDrive storage subscription valid for two years, free of charge.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More than half the world is still offline
- AMD mulls a CPU+GPU super-chip in a server reboot
- This Tinder scam promises to verify your account, but actually sells porn
- EU dual-use tech ban plan could classify smartphones as weapons
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows) 160804/ITA/151Asia
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Automation Engineer / TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - CloudVIC
- FTGraduate IT supportNSW
- CCInformation Management Project Manager (SAP BI)NSW
- CCLead Solutions ArchitectQLD
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- FTMobility Test AnalystNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCProject Coordinator/ Jr Business Analyst- Govt backgroundNSW
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- CCSenior Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Specialist - EUCNSW
- CCeLearning Developer / Learning Management System AdministratorACT
- CCOSS/BSS Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCSAP BODS ConsultantNSW
- CCDatabase developer/ModellerACT
- CCSenior Business Process AnalystNSW