Virtualization is understood as one of the key building blocks for private clouds. As a dynamic technology that enables IT organizations to reinvent how they think about management, it has the potential to make some things easier or make all things h...
Microsoft may be close to adding a new way for big businesses to buy Microsoft Office.
More than four in five IT managers do not use cloud technologies, says Peer 1.
As cloud computing speeds ahead, privacy protections are too often being left in the dust.
Google may have threatened to leave China to keep us all from concluding that "the cloud" cannot be secured. If that's true, isn't that precisely what we should conclude?
Oracle's plans for Java and the proposed Sun Cloud public computing platform became clearer Wednesday, with Oracle executives giving another big thumbs-up to Java but a thumbs-down to Sun Cloud.
Oracle Corp. today promised to aggressively push its newly acquired MySQL open-source database, rather than kill it.
The malware used to hack Google is so sophisticated that researchers brought in by the company to investigate believe the attack code was designed and launched with support from Chinese authorities.
Google and proponents of cloud computing were quick to say that this week's Google hack should not raise questions about the inherent security of the cloud, but the incident is fueling debate about the safety of storing data in facilities accessed ov...
Cloud computing is here to stay and Wipro is focused on tapping this lucrative industry. The company has announced the launch of two new solutions--digital customer experience platform and loss prevention platform--for the retail industry.
For Microsoft, 2010 is a platform building and marketing year with no less than the future success of its cloud strategy hanging in the balance, according to observers.
Cloud computing won a big endorsement in 2009 from the city of Los Angeles when it decided to adopt Google Apps, and many other state and local governments may soon follow with their own cloud approaches, according to a new survey by Input Inc.
Rackspace experienced an outage yesterday — a recurring issue this year for the hosted data center provider — which took down a number of high profile sites including the popular blog site TechCrunch. No network is impervious to outages, ...
With Microsoft's Azure cloud computing platform set to go live on New Year's Day, the company is looking ahead to later in 2010 when it will unveil a new security structure for multi-tenant cloud environments as well as private cloud software based o...
Unifying Windows Azure with its on-premises counterpart Windows Server should hasten the rollout of new features in Microsoft Corp.'s enterprise cloud platform, but it also will pit Azure against Microsoft's other cloud services for the loyalty of a ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AWS quietly launches tool for migrating on-premesis apps to the cloud
- Intel wants to make its IoT chips see, think, and act
- Workstation software flaw exposes industrial control systems to hacking
- Critical account creation flaws patched in popular Joomla CMS
- ARM builds up security in the tiniest IoT chips
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCContract Senior IT Assistant (Lotus Notes) 161101/SITA/571Asia
- CCIT Senior Systems Administrator- Server Patching RemediationNSW
- CCMultiple Defence Opportunities - NV2ACT
- FTIT Systems ManagerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Programmer (HTML5/Java/Oracle) 161031/P/551Asia
- CCNetApp ConsultantWA
- CCTest Analyst - Mid/Junior levelVIC
- CCSystems Engineer - NetApp, Exchange, ADNSW
- CCCisco Voice ConsultantWA
- CCContract Junior Programmer (PC LAN Support) 161028/JP/203Asia
- FTPre-Sales Consultant - HardwareVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTSenior Middleware SpecialistNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Commercial LinesVIC
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Service Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Consultant - CPM SoftwareVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTUX CREATIVE GRAPHIC DESIGNERQLD
- CCBusiness Process Specialist/AnalystNSW
- TPProject Coordinator - IT projectsVIC
- CCSenior / Lead UX DesignerNSW
- CCDevOps/Automation EngineerNSW