Extreme Networks is offering next-generation data centre products to enable the migration to virtualised data centres and new infrastructure solutions that feature high scalability, performance and simplicity.
Virtualization is understood as one of the key building blocks for private clouds. As a dynamic technology that enables IT organizations to reinvent how they think about management, it has the potential to make some things easier or make all things h...
Microsoft may be close to adding a new way for big businesses to buy Microsoft Office.
More than four in five IT managers do not use cloud technologies, says Peer 1.
As cloud computing speeds ahead, privacy protections are too often being left in the dust.
Google may have threatened to leave China to keep us all from concluding that "the cloud" cannot be secured. If that's true, isn't that precisely what we should conclude?
Oracle's plans for Java and the proposed Sun Cloud public computing platform became clearer Wednesday, with Oracle executives giving another big thumbs-up to Java but a thumbs-down to Sun Cloud.
Oracle Corp. today promised to aggressively push its newly acquired MySQL open-source database, rather than kill it.
The malware used to hack Google is so sophisticated that researchers brought in by the company to investigate believe the attack code was designed and launched with support from Chinese authorities.
Google and proponents of cloud computing were quick to say that this week's Google hack should not raise questions about the inherent security of the cloud, but the incident is fueling debate about the safety of storing data in facilities accessed ov...
Cloud computing is here to stay and Wipro is focused on tapping this lucrative industry. The company has announced the launch of two new solutions--digital customer experience platform and loss prevention platform--for the retail industry.
For Microsoft, 2010 is a platform building and marketing year with no less than the future success of its cloud strategy hanging in the balance, according to observers.
Cloud computing won a big endorsement in 2009 from the city of Los Angeles when it decided to adopt Google Apps, and many other state and local governments may soon follow with their own cloud approaches, according to a new survey by Input Inc.
Rackspace experienced an outage yesterday — a recurring issue this year for the hosted data center provider — which took down a number of high profile sites including the popular blog site TechCrunch. No network is impervious to outages, ...
With Microsoft's Azure cloud computing platform set to go live on New Year's Day, the company is looking ahead to later in 2010 when it will unveil a new security structure for multi-tenant cloud environments as well as private cloud software based o...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
- New details emerge about Intel's super-small Euclid computer for robots
- Microsoft will soon end Office 2013 distribution through Office 365
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCDeployment LeadVIC
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTInfrastructure ConsultantQLD
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- FTSystems Engineer - SCCM & Lync/Skype for BusinessQLD
- CCJunior Project ManagerQLD
- FTNational Manager of Security - We are looking for a strong Leader - Syd CBDNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCSenior PMO Analyst - ReportingNSW
- CCSharepoint DeveloperQLD
- FTManager - Field ServicesVIC
- TPPMO SchedulerNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystNSW
- CCIntegration Systems SpecialistQLD
- FTMicrosoft Systems EngineerVIC
- CCBusiness and Change Deployment LeadVIC
- TPSenior Test Analyst - TAFEQLD
- CCSenior IT Domain Specialist - Integration - CloudVIC
- TPDynamics CRM Technical Delivery ManagerVIC
- TPProject Manager - Data ManagementSA
- CCProgram Support OfficerNSW