Oracle Corp. today promised to aggressively push its newly acquired MySQL open-source database, rather than kill it.
The malware used to hack Google is so sophisticated that researchers brought in by the company to investigate believe the attack code was designed and launched with support from Chinese authorities.
Google and proponents of cloud computing were quick to say that this week's Google hack should not raise questions about the inherent security of the cloud, but the incident is fueling debate about the safety of storing data in facilities accessed ov...
Cloud computing is here to stay and Wipro is focused on tapping this lucrative industry. The company has announced the launch of two new solutions--digital customer experience platform and loss prevention platform--for the retail industry.
For Microsoft, 2010 is a platform building and marketing year with no less than the future success of its cloud strategy hanging in the balance, according to observers.
Cloud computing won a big endorsement in 2009 from the city of Los Angeles when it decided to adopt Google Apps, and many other state and local governments may soon follow with their own cloud approaches, according to a new survey by Input Inc.
Rackspace experienced an outage yesterday — a recurring issue this year for the hosted data center provider — which took down a number of high profile sites including the popular blog site TechCrunch. No network is impervious to outages, ...
With Microsoft's Azure cloud computing platform set to go live on New Year's Day, the company is looking ahead to later in 2010 when it will unveil a new security structure for multi-tenant cloud environments as well as private cloud software based o...
Unifying Windows Azure with its on-premises counterpart Windows Server should hasten the rollout of new features in Microsoft Corp.'s enterprise cloud platform, but it also will pit Azure against Microsoft's other cloud services for the loyalty of a ...
Unsurprisingly, cloud computing tops IDCs' 2010 technology predictions after a year where it was hyped and pushed and almost bludgeoned into the mindsets of IT professionals across the industry. While coming a close second was business analytics, whi...
BT and Cisco have announced the launch of a global cloud-based Internet protocol telephony (IPT) solution from BT's Onevoice unified communications and collaboration (UCC) portfolio.
Google expanded its Google Web Elements mechanism for embedding Google products onto a Web site this week, adding three Web Elements and other enhancements, according to the Google Code Blog.
A few weeks ago, Google unveiled what it's hoping will be the new standard in netbook operating systems: Chrome OS. Based on Linux, Chrome OS is a fast, low-overhead OS that boots directly into a Web browser to get you online with as little waiting a...
Microsoft Tuesday created a new division designed to brings its cloud and on-premises software development together and provide a consistent platform for corporate customers.
VeriSign has been chosen to provide cloud-based security and authentication for the Windows Azure platform.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCBusiness Analyst, LifeNSW
- CCJava DevelopersACT
- FTJava DeveloperAsia
- FTPractice Lead - InsuranceNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- FTManager of Infrastructure ServicesVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Oracle) 160603/AP/vmpAsia
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW
- CCWeb/Mobile Developer (Android)WA
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- FTAppian Developer/ArchitectVIC
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- CCProject Manager - IT SecurityNSW
- CCSAP Application Delivery LeadVIC