VeriSign has been chosen to provide cloud-based security and authentication for the Windows Azure platform.
The definition of "private cloud" tends to vary from source to source, but at First American Corp. in Santa Ana, Calif., which is building a private cloud, the benefits are crystal clear: the project will eliminate busy work for IT professionals whil...
Webroot Tuesday announced it has extended its cloud-based Web security service, adding a way to filter outbound as well as inbound Web traffic, monitoring for threats in order to detect and block malware such as botnets that have infected computers.
If you run an IT department, chances are you've been bombarded by vendors hyping their own brand of cloud computing services over the last year.
Cloud identity provider Symplified Tuesday added provisioning and management capabilities to its service platform that lets users create a bridge between their in-house directories and cloud-based applications.
Jolicloud, an upcoming Web-centric operating system for netbooks, will be prettier and more flexible than Google's Web-only Chrome OS, the company's CEO says.
People who write code for a living have a love/hate relationship with Microsoft. Over the years the press has played up the hate (and the hype), but today I thought I would turn to one Microsoft software project which is generating genuine interest a...
LOS ANGELES –Almost as a forgotten footnote, Microsoft introduced System Center "Cloud" Tuesday providing little detail other than a name on a slide during the opening keynote of the annual PDC conference.
Aware of the value of relevant and timely data in business processes, data integration software provider Informatica has recently released its unified and open data integration infrastructure platform, Informatica 9.
Citrix's desktop virtualization customers are still using VMware's server hypervisor on the back end, but a Citrix executive claims a shift away from VMware is afoot.
Amazon's cloud computing service should not be used for applications that require advanced security and availability, the Burton Group analyst firm says in a report accusing Amazon of secrecy regarding its cloud data centers.
Amazon said today that it has taken steps to mitigate a security issue in its cloud computing infrastructure that was identified recently by researchers from MIT and the University of California at San Diego.
One of the U.S. government's strongest advocates for cloud computing is also one of its most secretive operations: the Central Intelligence Agency.
The top strategic technology in Gartner Inc.'s annual top 10 list was cloud computing, but the one that may have been of the most interest to Bill Piatt, the CIO of the International Finance Corp., was last on the list, and that's mobile applications...
Hewlett-Packard's CEO, Mark Hurd, is raising issues with cloud computing, on everything from its name to its ability to offer a secure environment.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- CCSAP Business Intelligence SpecialistQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - QlikviewVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Enterprise Software SolutionNSW
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- CCIT Solutions DesignerNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCCisco Program Manager - Data Centre/Security ImplementationNSW
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- FTManual Software TesterNSW
- CCOPA Developer (Oracle Policy Automation)ACT
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCService ModellerNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital -PenrithNSW