Perhaps the biggest selling point for VMware's newly announced hybrid cloud strategy -- and the reason it could be a game changer in the infrastructure as a service (IaaS) market -- is because of the common platform VMware customers will now have bet...
VMware today announced it will integrate software-defined networking (SDN) technology it acquired from Nicira into its vCloud suite, while also unveiling plans for a new hybrid cloud service that in reality will provide customers with a VMware-powere...
The global public cloud computing market will grow 18.5% in 2013 to $131 billion, up from $111 billion last year, research firm Gartner predicts.
Despite the best efforts of cloud service providers and industry groups like the Cloud Security Alliance, cloud security remains a troublesome issue for IT execs.
If an enterprise datacentre has a highly virtualised environment, a Web portal for business users to request and access virtual machines and a method for tracking how many of those resources are being used... that's not quite a private Cloud.
Outages with large public cloud providers aren't more common than they are with a business' own private infrastructure.
No-code, low-code, and Cloud-based offerings give developers even more options for rapid prototyping and deployment of mobile apps
When the Brooklyn Nets traveled to Boston to play the Celtics last week, it became apparent that the two organizations disagreed about something - the cloud.
In a rare twist, Apple missed a self-imposed deadline to launch iTunes Match, an ambitious service that mirrors your iTunes music library in the cloud.
Whether you're running a business out of your den or from a penthouse in the sky, you don't have time or money to waste on second-rate tools. These well-designed services and resources are among the best the Web offers for small and midsize businesse...
Frustrated by "the whale" on Twitter that pops up on your screen when you're trying to access the site but it can't respond because it's overwhelmed by traffic? Relief may soon be in sight.
One of the great things about the Internet, and Web-based tools is that they make the world a smaller place and enable virtual teams to work together remotely. Recent acquisitions and new tools from Mindjet are making cloud-based collaboration even e...
As part of its Converged Storage portfolio, Hewlett-Packard (HP) today announced new federated storage software, Peer Motion, which enables admins to transparently move application workloads between disk systems in virtualized and cloud computing env...
At a cloud computing conference in New York in June, a number of speakers pointed out that the cloud is moving past the hype stage and is beginning to deliver tangible benefits to organizations. These improvements include increased flexibility and ag...
The cloud, it seems, might be a little bit like Palmolive’s tagline from its old TV commercials--people just don't know they’re soaking in it.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controlling the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTBusiness Analyst - Oracle Financials (Procure To Pay)NSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- CCEnvironment Manager - POSVIC
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorNSW
- FTAppian Developer/ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- CCCobol ProgrammerACT
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCSystems Administrator with developer skills | Defence intelligence | NV2 clearedACT
- CCProject Manager - IT SecurityNSW
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- FTFront End .Net Developer (.Net / Angular / Bootstrap)NSW
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- FTProject ManagerACT
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW