If an enterprise datacentre has a highly virtualised environment, a Web portal for business users to request and access virtual machines and a method for tracking how many of those resources are being used... that's not quite a private Cloud.
Outages with large public cloud providers aren't more common than they are with a business' own private infrastructure.
No-code, low-code, and Cloud-based offerings give developers even more options for rapid prototyping and deployment of mobile apps
When the Brooklyn Nets traveled to Boston to play the Celtics last week, it became apparent that the two organizations disagreed about something - the cloud.
In a rare twist, Apple missed a self-imposed deadline to launch iTunes Match, an ambitious service that mirrors your iTunes music library in the cloud.
Whether you're running a business out of your den or from a penthouse in the sky, you don't have time or money to waste on second-rate tools. These well-designed services and resources are among the best the Web offers for small and midsize businesse...
Frustrated by "the whale" on Twitter that pops up on your screen when you're trying to access the site but it can't respond because it's overwhelmed by traffic? Relief may soon be in sight.
One of the great things about the Internet, and Web-based tools is that they make the world a smaller place and enable virtual teams to work together remotely. Recent acquisitions and new tools from Mindjet are making cloud-based collaboration even e...
As part of its Converged Storage portfolio, Hewlett-Packard (HP) today announced new federated storage software, Peer Motion, which enables admins to transparently move application workloads between disk systems in virtualized and cloud computing env...
At a cloud computing conference in New York in June, a number of speakers pointed out that the cloud is moving past the hype stage and is beginning to deliver tangible benefits to organizations. These improvements include increased flexibility and ag...
The cloud, it seems, might be a little bit like Palmolive’s tagline from its old TV commercials--people just don't know they’re soaking in it.
In anticipation of the fall release of iCloud, Apple this week set icloud.com live for developers. iCloud represents a revamped version of Apple's existing Mail, Contacts, and Calendar, and integrates the document sharing features of iWork.com.
Last week's blog post, Cloud CIO: Yes, Your Job is at Risk, was one of the most widely-read-and definitely the most -post I've ever written for CIO.com. Clearly, the discussion of cloud computing's effect on a CIO's career struck a nerve with readers...
Apple iCloud is coming. Existing online storage and data syncing services like Box.net, Dropbox, and SugarSync may have cause for concern because iCloud encroaches on their territory, and could threaten to make smaller rivals obsolete.
One of the biggest announcements from Apple at this week's Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) was the unveiling of iCloud. One crucial element was missing from the Apple magic show, though -- will the data be secure?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Xiaomi acquires patents from Microsoft ahead of US entry plans
- Dell's private buyout shortchanged shareholders, court rules
- Atari's going to build IoT devices that talk over a low-power network
- Marketo gets scooped up into the private world for US$1.79 billion
- Kaby Lake starts strong as Intel retools PC strategy
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA
- CCSecurity Clearances Vetting Services OfficerACT
- CCApplication System EngineerACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTNV1, NV2 Network Engineers | Permanent role with diverse Defence projectsACT
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCSystems Engineer - Wintel, VMWare and CitrixNSW
- CCTechnical Solutions Specialist - Software Developer (Client facing)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160523/AP/568Asia
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical PM - Magento E-Commerce SolutionNSW
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Technical Lead - Java and .NetNSW
- FTData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Operational ReadinessSA
- CCOracle Application Administrator - July startACT
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- FTHadoop Operation EngineerNSW
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCDevOps Software Configuration ManagerACT
- CCMS Dynamics CRM ConsultantVIC
- CCSAP Test AnalystACT
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- CCIdentity SpecialistQLD