VMware, which is owned by EMC, is acquiring a portion of EMC's software business, in what has to be one of the stranger acquisitions in the technology industry thus far this year.
The founder and CEO of an application performance management (APM) software vendor said that today's IT development and production environments are not adequately served by what he terms "APM 1.0."
Many organizations are considering shutting down their data centers and migrating most IT functions to the cloud. Beware, though: <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9150038/Dark_clouds_gather_over_online_security">Not all clouds are soft...
Cloud computing is driving major changes in the business models and services provided by internet service providers, opening new areas of potential business for those willing to invest.
Extreme Networks is offering next-generation data centre products to enable the migration to virtualised data centres and new infrastructure solutions that feature high scalability, performance and simplicity.
Virtualization is understood as one of the key building blocks for private clouds. As a dynamic technology that enables IT organizations to reinvent how they think about management, it has the potential to make some things easier or make all things h...
Microsoft may be close to adding a new way for big businesses to buy Microsoft Office.
More than four in five IT managers do not use cloud technologies, says Peer 1.
As cloud computing speeds ahead, privacy protections are too often being left in the dust.
Google may have threatened to leave China to keep us all from concluding that "the cloud" cannot be secured. If that's true, isn't that precisely what we should conclude?
Oracle's plans for Java and the proposed Sun Cloud public computing platform became clearer Wednesday, with Oracle executives giving another big thumbs-up to Java but a thumbs-down to Sun Cloud.
Oracle Corp. today promised to aggressively push its newly acquired MySQL open-source database, rather than kill it.
The malware used to hack Google is so sophisticated that researchers brought in by the company to investigate believe the attack code was designed and launched with support from Chinese authorities.
Google and proponents of cloud computing were quick to say that this week's Google hack should not raise questions about the inherent security of the cloud, but the incident is fueling debate about the safety of storing data in facilities accessed ov...
Cloud computing is here to stay and Wipro is focused on tapping this lucrative industry. The company has announced the launch of two new solutions--digital customer experience platform and loss prevention platform--for the retail industry.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google wins latest round in Oracle legal battle
- Shoot an atom into silicon, and you may have the beginnings of a quantum computer
- Juniper's new access switches add to its cloud-focused lineup
- Google cleared of infringement in Oracle lawsuit over Java
- Up to a dozen banks are reportedly investigating potential SWIFT breaches
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCBusiness Analyst, ReportingNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- CCTechnical System Engineer (Linux/Mobile/SQL)160524/TSE/vmtAsia
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- CCSecurity Clearances Vetting Services OfficerACT
- CCChange Manager- ProcurementNSW
- CCChange Manager - SAP FinanceNSW
- CCDevOps Software Configuration ManagerACT
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) AnalystQLD
- FTSOA Tech LeadNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160526/AP/506Asia
- FTNetwork SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCContract Programmer (HTML/JAVA/SQL) 160525/P/013Asia
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 1610524/CCO/vmtAsia
- CCSenior IT Security Specialist-SANS, ISC2, ISACA, ITILNSW
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- FTOPEN _ ASAP_Technical Specialist COEACT
- CCIT Environment and Deployment SpecialistQLD
- CCProgram Communications SpecialistVIC
- FTManager, Applications SpecialistNSW
- CCAWS Developer/LeadNSW
- FTDevOps SpecialistVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL*PLUS) 160519/AP/432Asia