Mobile startup LightSquared wants the FCC to declare that it has the right to use spectrum next to the GPS band and that navigation device makers do not.
A group of GPS vendors and users has asked the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to permanently block LightSquared from using the upper band of its licensed radio spectrum for a cellular data network.
The Coalition to Save Our GPS challenged LightSquared's forecasts that the FCC will be able to resolve the controversy over the company's planned cellular network by the end of this year, using a conference call with reporters on Thursday to slam the...
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission won't allow LightSquared's proposed mobile broadband service to interfere with GPS signals, even though the potential interference would be caused by GPS receivers picking up signals outside of their spectru...
A group of GPS vendors and users has challenged mobile startup LightSquared's credibility in a response to the company's new plan for a hybrid satellite and LTE mobile network.
A GPS industry group dismissed mobile startup LightSquared's alternative proposal for an LTE network that would operate on frequencies close to the GPS band, saying the company hasn't presented any clear plan to reduce interference.
Mobile startup LightSquared announced a deal with rural carrier Open Range on Friday that is designed to extend broadband into remote parts of the U.S. through satellite and terrestrial wireless networks.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTEnterprise Architect - InformationQLD
- CCEmail Production SpecialistQLD
- CCSenior Software Engineer - C/C++NSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst- Agile DigitalVIC
- FTDelivery LeadNSW
- CCPerformance TesterVIC
- FTUX ResearcherVIC
- TPSharePoint Designer / DeveloperQLD
- TPData CoordinatorVIC
- CCService Desk OfficerQLD
- TPSharePoint ConsultantACT
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCJava Developer/ Web DesginerNSW
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- CCAgile Iteration ManagerNSW
- FTCitrix AdministratorNSW
- CCService Desk Tier 3 EngineerQLD
- FTTechnical Customer SupportQLD
- TPOffice 365 Technical ConsultantQLD
- FTNetwork ArchitectVIC
- FTLevel 3 Managed Services ConsultantNSW