Mobile startup LightSquared wants the FCC to declare that it has the right to use spectrum next to the GPS band and that navigation device makers do not.
A group of GPS vendors and users has asked the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to permanently block LightSquared from using the upper band of its licensed radio spectrum for a cellular data network.
The Coalition to Save Our GPS challenged LightSquared's forecasts that the FCC will be able to resolve the controversy over the company's planned cellular network by the end of this year, using a conference call with reporters on Thursday to slam the...
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission won't allow LightSquared's proposed mobile broadband service to interfere with GPS signals, even though the potential interference would be caused by GPS receivers picking up signals outside of their spectru...
A group of GPS vendors and users has challenged mobile startup LightSquared's credibility in a response to the company's new plan for a hybrid satellite and LTE mobile network.
A GPS industry group dismissed mobile startup LightSquared's alternative proposal for an LTE network that would operate on frequencies close to the GPS band, saying the company hasn't presented any clear plan to reduce interference.
Mobile startup LightSquared announced a deal with rural carrier Open Range on Friday that is designed to extend broadband into remote parts of the U.S. through satellite and terrestrial wireless networks.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Wave 2 Wi-Fi may be a sleeper, but it's great for some
- Researchers dismantle decade-long Iranian cyberespionage operation
- Amazon's Elastic File System is now open for business
- ACLU lawsuit challenges US computer hacking law
- Mapping firm invites auto industry to improve spec for sharing vehicle sensor data
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSales Specialist - DigitalNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSolution DesignerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- CCSecurity Engineer - SUMO focusNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- CCSAP Financial Master DataACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160616/AP/185Asia
- CCProject Analyst/ CoordinatorVIC
- FTSenior Java Developer (Java/Maven/AEM)NSW
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160620/AP/623Asia
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT