Coinbase set to open first regulated Bitcoin exchange ... Malaysia Airlines suffers big hack ... Wikileaks says Google passed data to U.S. ... and more news
Bitcoin wallet provider Coinbase will launch the first U.S. licensed exchange for the digital currency on Monday, according to a Wall Street Journal report.
Coinbase, one of the more prominent exchanges for buying and selling bitcoins, is opening up wider access to the digital currency in Europe.
Online payments platform Braintree will start processing Bitcoin transactions, allowing merchants to accept payments in the crypto-currency.
Coinbase, a prominent startup for buying, selling and storing bitcoins online, is offering a free security feature that it hopes will do a better job at keeping bitcoins safe.
Bitcoin: What is it, really? A digital currency? An investment? An Xbox game? For many people it's not clear, but that hasn't stopped venture capitalists from going gaga over it.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Microsoft beta lets workers build their own apps without coding
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
- 5 (more) reasons to be a data scientist
- FCC wireless auction hits spectrum target, paving way for fast, reliable 5G
- IBM offers advice on how to secure blockchain in the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/Unix) 160509/AP/395Asia
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- CCBPM ConsultantVIC
- CCService DeskWA
- FTSolution Delivery Manager ( RTTM)NSW
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- CCSales Development Executive - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTSoftware Design Engineer (Embedded Software)SA
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCAWS ArchitectNSW
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- CCTest Analyst - Contact Centre TechnologiesVIC
- FTGraduate IT Administration SupportVIC
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW