Canadian airline WestJet believes gamification, the notion of applying elements of game design to a workplace setting, can help its employees use more effectively its Oracle J.D. Edwards ERP (enterprise resource planning) system.
It's not uncommon for ERP projects to take longer and cost more money than initially planned, but neither outcome ended up being on the menu for fast-food giant Wendy's recent Oracle E-Business Suite upgrade.
Oracle is rolling out a new in-memory application for its J.D. Edwards ERP (enterprise resource planning) software that's aimed at giving customers real-time insights into their supply chain in order to avoid calamities and optimize day-to-day busine...
Oracle's sales force isn't usually seen as the easiest to work with, with customers bombarded by multiple account representatives from different product areas.
Oracle co-President Mark Hurd weighed in on the contentious topic of third-party software maintenance at the Collaborate user group conference in Denver this week.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Indian minister holds out hope for Apple stores
- Move over Skylake: An Asus PC with Intel's Kaby Lake chip is coming in Q3
- Nvidia chief downplays challenge from Google’s AI chip
- Flaw in popular WordPress plug-in Jetpack puts over a million websites at risk
- Asus unveils Zenbo, a cute robot for the home priced at $599
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCDomain Specialist | Multiple RolesVIC
- CCData and Business AnalystACT
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCPHP / Magento E-Commerce DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW
- CCSenior Change AnalystNSW
- CCCCB & MDM ConsultantNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL*PLUS) 160519/AP/432Asia
- FTInfrastructure Specialist - Sec Ops Network & OSAsia
- CCChange Manager- ProcurementNSW
- CCSenior Oracle Systems SpecialistNSW
- CCContract Programmer (HTML/JAVA/SQL) 160525/P/013Asia
- CCOffice 365 Systems EngineerNSW
- FTNetwork SpecialistVIC
- CCProject Manager - Healthcare DomainSA
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS SQL Server/C#.NET)160520/AP/vmtAsia
- CCTechnical WriterNSW
- FTService Desk AnaylstNSW
- CCSenior BA - Enterprise DataNSW
- CCTechnical Digital Producer / Requirements EngineerNSW