Google+ is trying to help users expand their Circles by offering them a new Suggested User list. The only problem is that some users are taking exception to what they're calling an elitist system.
Chrome browser users will be able to access Gmail when they're not connected to the Internet starting Wednesday and will gain similar offline capabilities for Docs and Calendar in the coming week, the company announced on Wednesday.
Salesforce.com is placing HTML5 at the forefront of its mobile strategy with an upcoming product, Touch.Salesforce.com, that will automatically render its applications on touch-enabled devices like Apple's iPad, the company plans to announce Wednesda...
Want to ignore that one cousin or co-worker who's bugging you on Google+? Now the new social networking site is giving you an option to do just that.
As soon as the news hit late Wednesday that Steve Jobs was resigning as Apple's CEO, social networks heated up with traffic.
Industry analysts have suspected that adding Google+ to the social networking mix would force Facebook to up its game. And it looks like that prediction is coming true.
Despite Google+'s making a huge splash in the social networking world, rivals Facebook and Twitter continue to grow at dramatic rates.
Just moments after a 5.9 magnitude earthquake hit the East Coast on Tuesday afternoon, Twitter and Facebook lit up with the news.
Google has strengthened the IT administration capabilities of the free, standard version of its Apps hosted communication and collaboration suite.
Hacker group LulzSec ("the world's leaders in high-quality entertainment at your expense") has had its initial Google+ account nixed this week, though LulzSec has quickly and brashly re-emerged with a new one
Version 3.4.2 of the open-source LibreOffice suite is now available and "enterprise-ready," project backers The Document Foundation announced Monday.
Novell has decided to shut down its Web-hosted Vibe Cloud enterprise social collaboration suite, which bombed with customers although the market is hot for competing products.
The corporate world's response to the phenomenal growth of social media has ranged from enthusiastic embrace to abject horror.
Google+ may be getting some attention it doesn't want -- from Anonymous, which says it will target the new social networking site that launched last month.
Anonymous, which has claimed credit for several high-profile cyber attacks in recent months, plans to launch what it says will be a new social networking site called AnonPlus.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- CCSAP Test ManagerSA
- CCOracle CC&B Technical AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystWA
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- CCInfrastructure ConsultantNSW
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- CCDigital ProducerNSW
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- FTChange LeadNSW
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- CCDesktop Support Engineer/Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Crystal Report) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCLabour Stream LeadVIC
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- CCMultiple Java rolesACT
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW