AMD Radeon HD 6990 review: AMD's dual-GPU Radeon HD 6990 is the world's fastest single-slot graphics card. But with that power comes a massive price tag
Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti review: A strong push for the midrange graphics card crown
Nvidia GeForce GTX 580 review: This graphics card takes the "world's fastest" crown, sliding ahead of tough competition
AMD's Radeon HD 6800 series has arrived, and the results speak for themselves: Radeon HD 6870 is the mid-range card to beat.
Dell's new XPS 15 Touch laptop is lightweight and powerful, with one of the best touch screen displays around. In fact, our reviewer declared it the finest Windows laptop he's ever used.
Components in pictures
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If it breaks, buy a replacement part on eBay and stubbornly refuse to upgrade.
These pieces of technology history were almost lost for good until they were rescued from a dumpster, landfill, or recycling center
How does Windows 10, which Microsoft has been trying to make friendlier for desktops and notebooks, fare on tablets?
Desktop computers aren't the bulky towers they used to be. Here are six mini PCs that fit in the palm of your hand and will change how you think about PCs.
Plugging high-end gaming desktop hardware into a laptop may be a crazy idea, but CybertronPC has pulled it off.
Intel has just started shipping some of its fastest mobile chips to date, meaning new, powerful laptops should soon be on the market.
A few years ago, you wouldn't have bet on IBM Power systems having much of a future. But a new strategy to embrace Linux and open up the platform is starting to pay off.
Top trends from the show floor at the Consumer Electronics Show 2016 in Las Vegas, according to analyst Ovum.
AMD wants to counter concerns that system administrators may have about placing ARM servers in data centers with its new chips code-named Seattle, which are now shipping in volume after a long delay.
Building a computer is a great way to get a custom configuration, save some money and have fun. In a how-to video, we'll show you how to build one in less than two minutes.
In case you haven't noticed, memory prices have dropped through the floor. As such, I've been busily upgrading every computer I can get my hands on. For example, my 2009 MacBook Pro has been maxed-out to 8GB, which involved buying two 4GB SODIMM modu...
QUESTION: I bought an ATI Radeon HD 5750 graphics card, but my motherboard doesn't recognise it. When I plug the monitor cable into the graphics card, the screen goes blank; when I put the monitor cable back into the onboard graphics card slot, the s...
QUESTION: My Windows 7 Home Premium computer has a quad-core processor and 4GB of RAM. I've not found any advantage to using four cores. How can I use the processor more effectively and allocate different processes to the individual cores?
So my dad was griping that his Acer Aspire 9300 laptop takes forever to boot. I inspected it for spyware, excessive startup programs, and the other usual suspects, but everything checked out.
Microsoft has created a $43 billion business, a potential Apple-and-OEM-esque company-within-a-company, that could be used to take up the slack if some of its computer-making partners falter.
The toys for power users in Windows 10, a.k.a. Microsoft's Windows 8 apology letter, keep on coming. Today, we're looking at a great tweak for anyone running a multi-monitor setup, especially for folks rocking 4K monitors.
In our review of AMD's Radeon R9 Fury, we discovered that the Fury X's air-cooled sibling packs a performance punch that justifies its competitive price tag. In fact, it punishes Nvidia's GTX 980 and proved to be the true champion of AMD's new Fiji l...
AMD's Radeon R9 Fury X kicks ass.
Humans like to celebrate barriers being broken. The speed of sound. The first 1GHz processor, or 1TB hard drive.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple's GPU supplier ditches CEO, seeks new strategy
- ASUS launches world’s first liquid-cooled gaming laptop
- JB Hi-Fi reaches $2bn revenue mark for 2016 half-year results
- Optus moves into wearables space with Cash by Optus
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTVB6 DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - BaselineACT
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCWintel Engineer with Sharepoint 2010 / 2013NSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - DigitalVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Visual VB.net) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- CCProject Manager - Customer Engagement / NPSVIC
- CCMid to Senior Level User Experience SpecialistsNSW
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- CCSenior Product Specialist - Cisco CPENSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer, International SoftwareNSW
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- CCService Delivery Manager - Infrastructure/ApplicationsNSW
- CCWintel Support EngineerNSW
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCProject Manager & Coordination OfficerACT