The rivalry between AMD and Intel peaked during the first decade of the 2000s, when the companies consistently challenged each other with a stream of chip innovations.
Chip giant Intel has announced it will reduce its global workforce by “up to” 12,000 staff – or an approximately 11 percent of all workers at the company. Clearly it’s not all plain sailing for Intel as the business plans to realign its focus away fr...
The PC market has been in trouble for ages, but last year took the biscuit. Shipments dropped below 300 million for the first time since 2008, and IDC declared it the worst year in history. That explains a lot about what happened at Intel this week.
Apple's focus on security means it will eventually offer Macs equipped with an ARM processor, Creative Strategies analyst Ben Bavarian said.
Intel's rise and fall in tablets are starting to resemble the company's misadventures in netbooks less than a decade ago.
Intel is moving to slowly extricate itself from the PC market through a competitive process where every project in Intel's client PC business is being evaluated for its future prospects.
Intel is cutting 12,000 jobs worldwide as the company restructures operations to diversify from PCs into growth areas of IoT and servers.
Intel managing director Australia, Kate Burleigh, used her keynote at The Next Big Thing Summit in Melbourne to explore the ‘vortex of change’ that has gripped the global economy.
A series of powerful earthquakes that shook southwest Japan has also disrupted the electronics supply chain. Sony, Mitsubishi Electric and chip-maker Renesas are among the companies with factories in the area.
Intel's launched new robotics and drone developer kits at the low-key IDF trade show in Shenzhen.
Intel's Core chips dominate PCs, but the company isn't giving up on its Pentium and Celeron brands.
Apple's Mac Pro is aging fast, especially with significantly faster Windows desktops being introduced in recent weeks.
The writing was on the wall for some Intel executives after a former Qualcomm executive was hired in November to oversee the company's PC, Internet of Things and software businesses, and two of them have now departed.
Intel takes a break from “tick-tock” with a new a three-step manufacturing cadence.
Millions of people will buy VR headsets in the coming years to play games and view 3D content, and those sales could spark a real-world war among chip-makers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Okta's API access product targets the trend toward services
- Say hello to old friend Dell Technologies on Sept. 7
- DARPA sees IoT and AI as weapons to dominate wars
- BitTorrent client is found distributing Mac-based malware
- Get started in data science: 5 steps you can take online for free
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCMainframe Application ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Loutus Notes) 160815/SA/102Asia
- CCMessaging Services Systems AdministratorACT
- CCFull stack Java Developer- NoSQL database, Amazon AWS productsNSW
- FTFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/P/743Asia
- CCStorage / Server EngineerNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCOracle DevelopersACT
- CCEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCTesting Resource ManagerVIC
- CCQuality AnalystNSW
- CCSolution Architect - WMS/LogisticsVIC
- FTMicrosoft Enterprise Project Management - Technical ConsultantACT
- FTDesign and Engineering - Technical WriterWA
- CCFunctional & System Integration Test AnalystACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160824/AP/187Asia
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager (12-month renewable contract)Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160902/AP/625Asia
- CCSenior IT Project SpecialistVIC
- CCCA Gen Model Management-Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Solaris, TTNNSW