The rivalry between AMD and Intel peaked during the first decade of the 2000s, when the companies consistently challenged each other with a stream of chip innovations.
Chip giant Intel has announced it will reduce its global workforce by “up to” 12,000 staff – or an approximately 11 percent of all workers at the company. Clearly it’s not all plain sailing for Intel as the business plans to realign its focus away fr...
The PC market has been in trouble for ages, but last year took the biscuit. Shipments dropped below 300 million for the first time since 2008, and IDC declared it the worst year in history. That explains a lot about what happened at Intel this week.
Apple's focus on security means it will eventually offer Macs equipped with an ARM processor, Creative Strategies analyst Ben Bavarian said.
Intel's rise and fall in tablets are starting to resemble the company's misadventures in netbooks less than a decade ago.
Intel is moving to slowly extricate itself from the PC market through a competitive process where every project in Intel's client PC business is being evaluated for its future prospects.
Intel is cutting 12,000 jobs worldwide as the company restructures operations to diversify from PCs into growth areas of IoT and servers.
Intel managing director Australia, Kate Burleigh, used her keynote at The Next Big Thing Summit in Melbourne to explore the ‘vortex of change’ that has gripped the global economy.
A series of powerful earthquakes that shook southwest Japan has also disrupted the electronics supply chain. Sony, Mitsubishi Electric and chip-maker Renesas are among the companies with factories in the area.
Intel's launched new robotics and drone developer kits at the low-key IDF trade show in Shenzhen.
Intel's Core chips dominate PCs, but the company isn't giving up on its Pentium and Celeron brands.
Apple's Mac Pro is aging fast, especially with significantly faster Windows desktops being introduced in recent weeks.
The writing was on the wall for some Intel executives after a former Qualcomm executive was hired in November to oversee the company's PC, Internet of Things and software businesses, and two of them have now departed.
Intel takes a break from “tick-tock” with a new a three-step manufacturing cadence.
Millions of people will buy VR headsets in the coming years to play games and view 3D content, and those sales could spark a real-world war among chip-makers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 2 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 3 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 4 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 5 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- These solar road panels could turn our world into Tron
- New Satana ransomware encrypts user files and master boot record
- Firmware exploit can defeat new Windows security features on Lenovo ThinkPads
- Use Apache Spark? This tool can help you tap machine learning
- Intel tunes its mega-chip for machine learning
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- FTSolution Architect - Data/ InformationVIC
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - TravelNSW
- CCTibco DeveloperWA
- CCSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCJunior PM/ConsultantACT
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSharepoint ConsultantQLD
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- FTJunior Web DeveloperSA
- FTFront End .Net Developer (.Net / Angular / Bootstrap)NSW